Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

24 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don't think he did much wrong, it was the players in front of him who couldn't cope. Longstaff and Almiron both struggled with this level of technique. It's a lot easier against Sheffield Utd and Crystal Palace.

Their reliance on him certainly showed up. You could see them giving the ball back to him in the hope that he would know how to dig us out of the situation in the second half. He was willingly taking the responsibility on, but it was too much to ask of him today.

14 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

We desperately need to mix things up a bit when it comes to set-pieces and open play. Got to stop doing everything through Trippier.

100% - but bar Tonali we don't have anyone.  Target took a few when he came on.

Dunno if it was a "test him with the wet ball", but a lot of deliveries went closer to their keeper than normal. It looked like it was a deliberate tactic. Lascelles is a biggest threat from corners, so it seemed like a waste to not get him involved. 

I thought the team as a whole struggled with the conditions. Balls out wide skimming off and out of play. Bruno did his magic scoop thing to get Almiron in behind but we got nothing from it.

Guest reefatoon

He hasn’t been too happy having Lascelles next to him the last couple of games. Keeps having to look over his shoulder and pointing to where Lascelles needs to be. Trippier had a couple of goes at him in the first half for leaving so much space.

11 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Must be tired judging by that absolute dumpster fire of a first half he's just posted.

Livramento needs to play Wednesday without a doubt.

My fault- I brought him into my FPL team 🙄

Maybe he is a victim of his own success and has set the bar ridiculously high. But I feel like that is two games in a row where he has been miles off it. 

Felt like his passing and set pieces were crap on Wednesday. This game, he was going in for tackles but not taking the man or ball and hitting fresh air. 

Tough crowd, I know. As I still think technically. He is one of, if not the best player I have watched for us in my lifetime. But I thought it was noticeable how below par he has been this week. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Trippier is so important to our attacking play, he's difficult to drop. He did look like he was gassing in the second half though.

Aye he was poor from the off today. So many misplaced passes and weak on the goal albeit the fella has a run on him and is bigger. Suspect he’ll not travel midweek and rightly so. 

He will be disappointed with his last two performances for sure with his bar set so high. Two tough games in tough conditions but I know he will bounce back. 

If Botman played, I think we win this but Wolves were very good and more than deserved their point.