Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

How does this happen to all out players all the time, but when fucking Saka or Salah come off injured they are back after a quick nap? 

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

How does this happen to all out players all the time, but when fucking Saka or Salah come off injured they are back after a quick nap? 

inhalers 

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I want him back as soon as possible, we are proving that we can put in very good performances without him. Obviously he would be better than Jacob Murphy or Krafth at right back, but I don't think he has that insane influence on our peformances anymore, as some were arguing back in january. Wouldn't be disatrous if we sold him in the summer tbh. Our set pieces has still been great despite him being out, and we've been keeping clean sheets for a change.

Edited by Erikse

4 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Except the part where he was the most important player for us for such a long time

Did I say anything else? I know that. He will be 34 next season. We have one of the the oldest squads in the Prem. He has high wages. Was important last season and at the start of this one, but the future is what matters.

Edited by Erikse

Just like Almiron was key to our 4th place finish last season. So we should keep him and live in the past. Or?

Edited by Erikse

21 minutes ago, Erikse said:

As much as I want him back as soon as possible, we are proving that we can put in very good performances without him. Obviously he would be better than Jacob Murphy or Krafth at right back, but I don't think he has that insane influence on our peformances anymore, as some were arguing back in january. Wouldn't be disatrous if we sold him in the summer tbh. Our set pieces has still been great despite him being out, and we've been keeping clean sheets for a change.

It's a valid point. Not at all keen for him to leave, but he's given us his greatest service already and helped get us to a position where we can cope without him both physically and mentally - which didn't used to be the case.

Let's just see what happens in the summer and respect whatever the outcome is.

7 minutes ago, 80 said:

It's a valid point. Not at all keen for him to leave, but he's given us his greatest service already and helped get us to a position where we can cope without him both physically and mentally - which didn't used to be the case.

Let's just see what happens in the summer and respect whatever the outcome is.

Absolutely. Not saying that I really want him gone. And I know that it's not BECAUSE of his injury that we are performing like we are. But I wouldn't be too concerned if he went, and we are atleast showing that he's not as important as Bruno, Gordon, Isak etc. I would put Livra on par with him atm, they are just different players. Would be way worse if he went last summer. Wouldn't hate it if he stays for another season either though. It's just the wages that it would free up, which is the biggest thing for me. I just don't see him having the same impact next season as he has had in the past, but maybe he will prove me wrong if we keep him.

Edited by Erikse

Might draw some ire, but this is for the best. Trips was shockingly poor on the defensive end for a good 3 months before his injury. Happy to keep on with the current squad and their momentum.

Trippier walks back into the team, man. He was obscenely good before the squad took that absolute bruising in December, when he started faltering, as most did. He was very much over that spell by the time he most recently exited the side, too.