Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

Wish he'd backed himself and pulled the trigger when it fell to him on the second half, but aye, he was class again. Thought he started a bit shaky coming back from injury and I thought it had been too good to be true, but nah, he's mint. 

5 minutes ago, Smal said:

Hakimi, Walker, James and that’s about it I think. He’s better than TAA. Cancelo isn’t anywhere near the player at right back as he is at left back.

Not even sure Walker is nowadays is he? Seems to have lost some pace when he played against us.

12m, fuck me. One of our best ever signings quite honestly. Pound for pound, maybe only Rob Lee (for 750k in 92 :lol:) beats him off the top of my head.

Edit to add - Beardsley for 1.5m in 93 would be up there. That's the trouble with statements like that, there's actually loads of great buys down the years. David Kelly for about 250k in 91ish would certainly quality 

Edited by LionOfGosforth

I don’t particularly like the saying ‘baller’. But it really does apply to him. Runs the game from right back, seems to always be in the right place to nick the ball away or get tight on their first touch and usually plays the right pass. Throw in his set pieces and the fact he is a proper leader of men, as well. He is just the complete package. 

Where it all started. Him coming has surely meant it was an easier decision for others to follow. 

Probably our best and most consistent player this season. Along with Schar. 

I always worry that it sounds very 'jobs for the boys'ish but I hope we can find a role for him post-playing days. His confidence in joining this club truly was the catalyst for this turnaround as far as on-pitch goes. Such an immense character.

2 minutes ago, wormy said:

I always worry that it sounds very 'jobs for the boys'ish but I hope we can find a role for him post-playing days. His confidence in joining this club truly was the catalyst for this turnaround as far as on-pitch goes. Such an immense character.

I don't think it's a case of jobs for the boys,  he seems like he would excel in a role after playing,  he's got the intelligence, experience and leadership to help players develop,  even when unable to play he ensured he was there for the team

On 19/10/2022 at 22:16, LionOfGosforth said:

12m, fuck me. One of our best ever signings quite honestly. Pound for pound, maybe only Rob Lee (for 750k in 92 :lol:) beats him off the top of my head.

Edit to add - Beardsley for 1.5m in 93 would be up there. That's the trouble with statements like that, there's actually loads of great buys down the years. David Kelly for about 250k in 91ish would certainly quality 

How much did Killer cost? 🤔 

2 minutes ago, Bada Bing said:

Thought this man was magnificent today, aside from an error for their goal. His leadership on the pitch is second to none.

He was immense. Why was he marking Kane though? :lol:

Did so much work down our right cutting out attacks and setting us free. Not sure why he was on Kane on corners though. Especially after the first one, he was still on him. Would have thought Botman would have been ideal to be on Kane for set pieces 

3 hours ago, LV said:

He was immense. Why was he marking Kane though? :lol:

Yeah that was a mismatch. I'd be curious to see a wide view of the buildup, feel like Kane must have lost his original marker somehow, can't imagine our gamelan was to have Trips on him.

On 19/10/2022 at 23:16, LionOfGosforth said:

12 24m, fuck me. One of our best ever signings quite honestly. Pound for pound, maybe only Rob Lee (for 750k in 92 :lol:) beats him off the top of my head.

42 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

As cool as Bruno and that takes some doing.

The way he marshals the team is outstanding. It's great also when there are players complaining about decisions, he steps in, tells them to move away and the obvious respect they have for him, they all follow his instructions without a word. The utter respect the other players have for him is so obvious. I'm convinced he will be here beyond his playing days in a coaching position.

Edited by et tu brute