Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

We relied massively on him at the start of the season. It’s no surprise that our form has gone to shit now his has 

It’s also no coincidence that his dip in form has perfectly married up with Almiron’s.

Giving him a rest at some point and sharing the set piece load (Targett?) would surely help him regain his from 

It must have started prior to the WC but maybe we gave him the benefit of the doubt. He was noticeably by in possession for give aways in the WC though and its just kept on from there. Also compounded with his sub par set pieces by his standards.

He is clocking on and can't play this many games without a rest. Hope ashby is ready.

Edited by toontownman

He's been poor since the New Year but I think it's because our primary tactic means that almost everything goes through him. He takes set pieces, our tactic is for Burn to shuffle into a back 3 whilst Trippier bombs forward, so the LW gets no full back support and the vast majority of our attacks go down the right. Couple that with Almirón, the whole thing is predictable as fuck.

Needs tweaking; Targett in, Isak in, ASM to start and either Gordon or Murphy. Attack Wolves from minute 1 next week and get the crowd involved.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Got pelters for saying this at the end of Jan.

Well let's be honest if Krafth had been fit then Trippier would have had more of a rest this season. 

But I think it's affecting trips now fitness wise mentally aswell and needs must. 

I didn't think he was that bad. I mean most of the time when he gives the ball away it is through trying to force something positive to happen. He goes for the harder more risky pass. I am happy with that tbh. Love the bloke.

2 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

I didn't think he was that bad. I mean most of the time when he gives the ball away it is through trying to force something positive to happen. He goes for the harder more risky pass. I am happy with that tbh. Love the bloke.

I don’t really mind him losing the ball with passes in the opposition half but the amount of stray passes in our half is mounting and that’s what’s worrying 

He lost the ball in areas you just cannot lose it. Early in the game he had just outside the box and lost it and left the the back three scrambling to clear there lines. The second goal he should of hoofed it clear

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Rightly so :lol: He was poor today but you and everyone would be begging for him to be back once he wasn't there.

That's the point though, rest him for a fortnight so he comes back raring to go.

Its possibly an incremental effect of Targett and Krath being injured, having to play the same players. 

Don't know where I'd have changed things but just not being able to hasn't helped.

Always felt the small squad was our biggest problem, hearts were in mouths whenever Tripps, Jo, Bruno went down and home to roost now, at the traditional time of a season you'd expect it.

His forms dropped but he should really have at least a few assists to his name since the WC where he's put them on a plate for someone to miss a sitter. 

Feel for him a bit as he's having to deal with Longstaff and an out of form Almiron on that right side and there's too much reliance on him from an attacking point of view. He's constantly given the ball in tricky situations and theres not a lot of movement around him. 

11 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

His forms dropped but he should really have at least a few assists to his name since the WC where he's put them on a plate for someone to miss a sitter. 

Feel for him a bit as he's having to deal with Longstaff and an out of form Almiron on that right side and there's too much reliance on him from an attacking point of view. He's constantly given the ball in tricky situations and theres not a lot of movement around him. 

This is good post, I’ve also noticed our midfield being far too high in transition. 

it’s good if you have great passers from deep but when we have an off day it ends up in us turning over the ball in dangerous areas. 

Jamal played really well yesterday but it’s noticeable how much we missed Schar ability on the ball and Botman was also sloppy yesterday. 

Seen him getting pelters in the match thread, but I thought the goal was just bad luck tbh. Slipping at that moment is obviously just massively unfortunate. 

If Pope gave him a shout then it's more of an error I guess, as he shouldn't have been swinging at it in the first place. On the other hand, if Pope didn't give him a shout, then that's the actual error that caused the goal, given how much he'd committed himself.