Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

I’m with ON on this. Find it very difficult to understand why so many stayed under Ashley, prioritising their 2 hours on a Sat, sat on their hands and allowed people like Bruce and Carver to be appointed and sing the same nonsensical shit every game. We’re a weirdly shit eating yet fickle / overly emotional lot. 

36 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm on team Tripps here like. Our fans are fucking self richious pricks. They've had free rein for years because Ashley allowed it. The squad today was a Championship one. Fuck the lot of them.

You’d think upon reflection the fan would think and remember moments under Ashley, but they’ve probably just got on the gravy train with a load of others and become “away day sessioners” I know the players will be stronger than to over think this moment but it’s so sour going into the break with this bellend bursting the bubble.

39 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Half of these seem to be the twats who were the "we support you ever more" bunch when we were 0-5 at Leicester a few years ago under Bruce when we needed a backbone. Just fuck off.

Was actually thinking about that, the negativity since the back end of last season when we loose even when we draw ffs, like online and fb the way some fans were acting after the dortmund defeat, however a side completely injury plagued just won 3-0 at Old Trafford, and beat an unbeaten arsenal side within the last 7 days before that match.

But where Happy to show up and watch Brucie ball and bounce about the away end at Leicester when 5-0 Down really makes no sense

Edited by GavMcEl

I think people need to keep sone perspective- it’s one lad who’s now apologised. Tripps acted admirably as a captain whilst showing passion abs that he cares.

Draw a line and move on.

I wish people would stop calling our fans we’re not a homogeneous group we’re all different and tbf tge aways I have been to this season have shown there’s se changes occurring gir the reasons we’ve debated at length here. I still know most of the lads (and lasses) I know who’ve supported us for years are among the best people to share my non work / family time with. Social media amplifies the good and the bad. Many old farts (that includes me) are also recalling our younger dafter days with some myopia. Nostalgia I think they call it :)

Trippier was damn right.

He's an absolute warlord and OUR warlord.

Do not under estimate the impact he's had on our club.

I appreciate our fans having a go but I really appreciate someone giving them grief back.

Edited by Mountain

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They're the cunts hoarding the loyalty points etc.. When we actually needed them, they sowed the points and shoved the rest of us who walked away during that era away. The songbook is shite l...if I was a Geordie and huge fan, I'd hate us. 

Many of them are the cunts who stopped going to home games but used others points to get to aways (it's still very prevalent). Some of those cunts who say they stopped going cos of Ashley really stopped going cos we became shit and used the Ashley bit as an excuse. I know a good few in both groups.