Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

6 hours ago, duo said:

he's going to be lacking match fitness but he totally switched off for their first goal. that was nothing to do with his legs.

The second goal also before recovering for the corner. He just let a player go by him and it looked like he was looking at the sky not the play

11 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I’m not saying he was tossing it off ala Michael Owen. But he looked like he was just going through the motions before England duty. Was miles off it all the time. Slow to react by basically a second or two at times. 

Think he’ll be very fortunate to make the England squad IMO. Looks way off it, and someone like Gomez is more sharper going into the tournament as a utility back up RB/LB. 

Torn on his future. Shouldn’t be a starter, but his experience for one more year for Tino/Hall on the training ground could be worth the £5m or whatever in wages. Then look for a RB 2025 that can compete with Tino.

Just now, Sibierski said:

Think he’ll be very fortunate to make the England squad IMO. Looks way off it, and someone like Gomez is more sharper going into the tournament as a utility back up RB/LB. 

Torn on his future. Shouldn’t be a starter, but his experience for one more year for Tino/Hall on the training ground could be worth the £5m or whatever in wages. Then look for a RB 2025 that can compete with Tino.

Agree with all of that.  

With so many holes to fill in the squad and the money we have available.  I'd be happy for him to stay another season.  Just not sure he would be happy playing a bit part?  As he shouldn't be starting ahead of Tino or Hall now. 

Move him on, he's been finished for half a season now, has more errors leading to goals than any other player in the league, should probably be able to get a bit of money for him aswell. Only thing that concerns me is how injury prone Livramento is, but I'd trust Krafth to come in and do a better job than Trippier these days.

Has still been out most important signing or the Howe era, but doesn't look like the same bloke to me since around the time of all those personal rumours (true or not)

Didn't see the game last night but shocked how many have turned on him. Happy to see him and Tino fight it out next season for the rb spot, but that might see him phased out and leave when he contract expires in 2025.

I do think we might see a Saudi club come in for him, wilson, dubs etc...and they'd be daft not to follow that money given what stage of their careers they are at.

21 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Don’t think you have to worry about missing the euros Bonny lad 

Money earned will be paying your wages mate

17 hours ago, Lotus said:

Think there are some harsh posts here. He’s been out and hasn’t got his sharpness. He had a lapse or 2 one of which cost us. 
Unless it’s silly money I’d be happy to see him play for us next season. Would think he’s still got 1 good season left in him.
Ideally Tino would show enough in training and matches to play at least half the games. 

It's not just the odd bad game though, he's had a very poor season by his standards. Gaffes have been numerous, he's suffered more injuries than we are used to, and his set pieces, especially direct free kicks have been negligible.

Still, it's not beyond the realms of possibility it's just been a stinker of a season and he might have a stormer next year. My gut feeling is that he's past his peak years though.

25 hours away travelling in complete luxury for a pretty relaxed end of season friendly.

Goodness grief man. Such a difficult life.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Don’t think you have to worry about missing the euros Bonny lad 

He will probably be in as he's one of Southgate's favourites. Surely having some more game time would actually be beneficial to his chances also. Can't see the owners being happy about this public condemnation. I'll be surprised if he's not shipped out in the summer.

Edited by et tu brute

Posted (edited)

He came, he did a job. It’s about what he isn’t doing now. When Tino was in the side and others were taking set pieces we advanced. It got to the point he wasn’t missed. That display last night was him back to being his worst again. Krafu would have done a better job! Also as a captain he tries to point and gesticulate to all and sundry about where they should put the ball. Can’t even pick out a team mate from a corner, or score from a free kick. We have others that can. He started the revolution and I’ll always love him for that. But again how much slack do you give him when we watch him having peti mals and running in lead boots. Hopefully he sorts it.  [emoji38]

Edited by PauloGeordio

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

He will probably be in as he's one of Southgate's favourites. Surely having some more game time would actually be beneficial to his chances also. Can't see the owners being happy about this public condemnation. I'll be surprised if he's not shipped out in the summer.

I think there’ll be a canny rebuild going on this summer. Dubs, Trippier, Targett, Wilson, Miggy none of who I’d consider safe.

49 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Surely we'd give grace to the players who are going to the Euros & Copa America? No way should we be expecting them to go. 

Nor should we be going too like.

The people paying big money to have two PL teams come out won't be happy with our reserves, they want to see our best. 

I love trippier but he always gives me Owen vibes when it comes to playing for ingerland

So over the top nice when he plays against England team mates as well

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

I love trippier but he always gives me Owen vibes when it comes to playing for ingerland

So over the top nice when he plays against England team mates as well

Got no time for any player that is country before club! 

37 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

It's not a great look after the patchy season he's had like.

41 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Maybe he’s angling for a move? 

30 minutes ago, Decky said:

The people paying big money to have two PL teams come out won't be happy with our reserves, they want to see our best. 

and Kuol.