Sven Botman

The Prophet

19 minutes ago, Nine said:

It would be hard as a defender to turn down Maldini 

Why? He’s not a coach? He’s the technical director who won’t even be involved on the training ground. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Manxst said:

Why? He’s not a coach? He’s the technical director who won’t even be involved on the training ground. 

He will meet and greet players though!

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Hes defo at least had a word like 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

If this guy knocks us back, where do we go next? And more importantly, how many players have we got before a bid goes in for Fucking Tyrone Mings.

Probably go for ake instead

Atleast he has recovery pace. 

16 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He will meet and greet players though!

9 minutes ago, Nine said:

Hes defo at least had a word like 

It would mean nothing to me as a 22 year old player who the technical director of a team was, and the influence over me signing for him. Maldini retired before Botman was in double figures! It’s hardly the same as Botman supporting Milan and being enamoured with Maldini as a Milan legend. 

9 hours ago, Flip said:

I'd say AC Milan, one of the most classic clubs in world football with new owners is also quite a project. I think we'll see plenty of players turning us down until we get into a Champions League spot. 

If I'm a young up and coming talent and I have the chance to go to the premier league, that's where I'm going, especially to a club that has just been taken over and are ambitious with finances to work towards challenging, at a time where the premier league looks like it could be quite open bar the top 2 teams.

Taking all that into account and the fact I will get paid more, at a point where I'm still young and coming from France, and so haven't really started earning top wages yet, it's a complete no brainer.

Completely different argument from players that are already top players, that have been earning major money, and are due to get major money wherever they go next, choosing to pass up on the opportunity to go to a more challenging environment.

Depends what your knowledge of football is. There are some fans who think Man City PSG and Chelsea are big clubs for example. AC Milan are much bigger than those three but it's entirely subjective to what era you where brought up in.

The club AC Milan, is a huge pulling factor, so is playing in the champions league. Serie A is absolutely shite though and he be swapping a shite club in a shite league for a good club in a shite league.

Newcastle are in the best league in the world and are club who plan on going places.

I've posted this a couple of times before but from 6:35mins onwards he talks about playing in the Premier League - says his style of play will be suited to it.  I'm confident he'll sign for us.

Edited by duo

26 minutes ago, KaKa said:

If I'm a young up and coming talent and I have the chance to go to the premier league, that's where I'm going, especially to a club that has just been taken over and are ambitious with finances to work towards challenging, at a time where the premier league looks like it could be quite open bar the top 2 teams.

Taking all that into account and the fact I will get paid more, at a point where I'm still young and coming from France, and so haven't really started earning top wages yet, it's a complete no brainer.

Completely different argument from players that are already top players, that have been earning major money, and are due to get major money wherever they go next, choosing to pass up on the opportunity to go to a more challenging environment.

I don’t agree Kaka. Whatsoever. A player that has won things should have more of a right to go for the money than someone like Botman. His main focus should be to play with and against the best (Champions League) and win titles. He can move to the PL in a few years. Bit sad that we want the PL to be the Super League of Europe and to discredit anyone not wanting to play in this league. A league hugely dominated by one team for the past five years.

8 minutes ago, Flip said:

I don’t agree Kaka. Whatsoever. A player that has won things should have more of a right to go for the money than someone like Botman. His main focus should be to play with and against the best (Champions League) and win titles. He can move to the PL in a few years. Bit sad that we want the PL to be the Super League of Europe and to discredit anyone not wanting to play in this league. A league hugely dominated by one team for the past five years.

But how many games is the CL per season compared to the PL which is renowned for being the best league with the best players? (Due to the money spent within it). Serie A is nowhere near as strong as the PL. Milan played a total of 6 games in the Cl last year, and won once (and lost 4). 

Edited by Manxst

Just now, Flip said:

I see it completely the opposite way. He's a 20 year old that hasn't even proven himself at the top level yet. Winning the Champions League should be the least of his worries at that age. If he goes to the prem in a team on the come up and does well, it's the biggest stage in football. Absolutely everyone will want him then, and at 25 then he can go to a top club and look at winning the top prizes, if he hasn't been able to achieve that yet where he is.

6 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

And their training ground is actually 20 miles outside of the city, near to Lake Maggiore.

lago-maggiore.jpg

What an absolute hell hole that looks. Wait til he catches sight of the wheelie bins.

Edited by Pixelphish

1 hour ago, STM said:

If this guy knocks us back, where do we go next? And more importantly, how many players have we got before a bid goes in for Fucking Tyrone Mings.

I think it'll be Ake, I want it to be Bendashile (based on nothing).

Just now, The Prophet said:

I think it'll be Ake, I want it to be Bendashile (based on nothing).

Yep I think we have a few fall back options. Not worried at all. Badiashile looks a bit more rash than botman but quicker and more exciting. The fact he can play as a RCB makes me think he could still be on the radar, Botman or not. 

Botman/Ake    Badiashile

(Burn)               (Schar)

Then Lascelles/Dummett or Fernandez as the 5th squad CB. 

Could see us doing that in 3 windows with the 3rd window replacing the squad CB, buying someone young or pushing Schar/Burn down the ladder.

Guest HTT II

The good thing about this summer is most of the players we are linked with or will be linked with I couldn’t tell you anything about the majority of them having hardly watched any club football in the last decade, so if we do miss out on say Botman, I can’t be disappointed, having not seen them play or seen much of them. And if we do sign some, and they turn out decent like Burn and Targett and Bruno, then it’s win win.

I’ve honestly not seen enough of Botman to know if he’ll be a miss if he signs for Milan. But I do have faith in both Eddie Howe and the rest of the hierarchy to get in a suitable alternative. IMO opinion there’s loads to like about him but I’d rather have a bit more recovery pace to be honest. The PL can be a brutal place for the ‘slower’ defenders. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

That said, Ake is 27. Other left sided centre backs we've been linked with such as Botman, Bendashile, Ndicka and Inacio are all 22 or less, which suggests we are looking at someone a bit younger.

Why do you persist on spelling Benoît Badiashile‘s name wrong? 

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Yep I think we have a few fall back options. Not worried at all. Badiashile looks a bit more rash than botman but quicker and more exciting. The fact he can play as a RCB makes me think he could still be on the radar, Botman or not. 

Botman/Ake    Badiashile

(Burn)               (Schar)

Then Lascelles/Dummett or Fernandez as the 5th squad CB. 

Could see us doing that in 3 windows with the 3rd window replacing the squad CB, buying someone young or pushing Schar/Burn down the ladder.

I thought Badiashile was a LCB?

4 hours ago, STM said:

Depends what your knowledge of football is. There are some fans who think Man City PSG and Chelsea are big clubs for example. AC Milan are much bigger than those three but it's entirely subjective to what era you where brought up in.

The club AC Milan, is a huge pulling factor, so is playing in the champions league. Serie A is absolutely shite though and he be swapping a shite club in a shite league for a good club in a shite league.

Newcastle are in the best league in the world and are club who plan on going places.

While I get where you are coming from - the PL is definitely a more prestigious competition than Serie A these days - I still think it's hard to turn down AC Milan if they come calling. A player might wonder if he'd ever get that chance again to pull on the shirt of one of the greatest clubs in recent history. Milan is a gorgeous city as well, Lake Como is an hour away. It would be a hell of a coup for us if he chose us over them.