Sven Botman

The Prophet

15 hours ago, TRon said:

While I get where you are coming from - the PL is definitely a more prestigious competition than Serie A these days - I still think it's hard to turn down AC Milan if they come calling. A player might wonder if he'd ever get that chance again to pull on the shirt of one of the greatest clubs in recent history. Milan is a gorgeous city as well, Lake Como is an hour away. It would be a hell of a coup for us if he chose us over them.

Como has nothing on Kielder like

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I know the Italian media isn't particularly reliable, but there's speculation that Botman's agent wants Milan to match our offer.

Of course they do- according to a tweet the other day we’ve offered around twice as much wages. No matter playing 6 CL games a year with Milan, the man also has to think about the salary on offer in a potentially short career. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Nine said:

Or Ake

He’d be my first choice for CB!

Edited by HTT II

Yep time to move on with this one but I suspect the club haven’t been in that much contact, it’s more us who wanted this one and journalists putting 2+2 together and coming up with 73 as we were previously interested.

The club for all those early leaks have been watertight so far this summer so to be honest, we don’t really know for sure who’s the number one target in the various positions we’re recruiting for.

It’s not really a tough decision for him between us and Milan. It’s a shame because what clips I’ve seen of him since January he looks really promising. 

Playing for the serie A champions in Italy with champions league football or coming to a still pretty unfashionable English team with a lot to do to break into the top four. I don’t blame him. Our project will be a pretty big sell to up and coming talent at this moment.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Away Toon said:

City are rumoured to want 50m for Ake, he's worth around 25m max.

I’d offer them their money back and I think they’d take it, he’d be our mainstay at the back for 5-6 years.