Sven Botman

The Prophet

37 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Think Sven and his agent have basically been playing chicken with Milan to match our terms and they haven’t. 

He’s smartly kept his options open and seemed keen to join in Jan if it was possible. He’s perfectly with in his right to assess the offers made and chose whichever is right for him. Like Bruno the initial decision will probably be financial, but he can be convinced of the project once he’s here.

Might be wrong but I get the impression it's actually Lille who are holding out with Milan, for them to match our transfer offer, rather than him.

2 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

Might be wrong but I get the impression it's actually Lille who are holding out with Milan, for them to match our transfer offer, rather than him.

That exactly how I read it. If I'm Lille I'm taking the best deal. You'd be daft not to.

2 hours ago, McDog said:

Say what?

edit: That seems bullshit. 

It's murky - both the previous and current Lille ownership borrowed heavily to buy the club from the same investment fund that directly owns AC MIlan.

Seems a similar set up to that top flight Dutch club Roman helped facilitate the purchase of and used as a glorified reserve team for Chelsea youngsters without running afoul of any UEFA rules.

Edited by Pandamninator

All of this exists in the imaginations of attention seeking wannabe twitter celebrities, these transfers that are dragging on are the new takeover threads. It’s all bullshit.

Ashworth has been in the job 2 days and he’s already moved on 1, potentially 2 of the deadwood players. Got a deal in place for Targett and possibly the young French lad.

When he switches attention to Botman it will play out quickly. We’re behind in the proceedings, Milan have been trying to woo him for over a year and Maldini has openly communicated with him on Instagram. They don’t seem to want to match our bid though so if there’s so agreement between Milan and Lille, he’s not going there.

One thing I’ve learned from this saga is how petty Milan fans are and that most of them and their journalists have a massive chip on their shoulder when it comes to the PL.

Well, I guess I’m pretty petty myself so I’d love us to sign this lad just watch their collective outrage.