Sven Botman

The Prophet

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Personally I think he's completely on top of the data, what he sees in training and the importance of each game... and makes decisions according to that. 

What has he done that has made you think that?

I think Rafa was like that. He would rotate early in the season for fatigue reasons.

Howe comes across as more of a momentum guy. In a competitive game state, Dan Burn was playing damn near every minute.

On 05/12/2023 at 19:30, Conjo said:

Every player that has been introduced to our regular defence - Lascelles, Livramento, Krafth, Dummett, Hall - all of them has done well. I don't buy the preference to stick with a settled back 4 any longer, and I doubt Howe does as well. Things change. Fringe and up & coming players has proved themselves - now we just need to rely on Howe to manage game time to avoid another injury nightmare like the one we've been through.

rafa was good like that with the defence.

got it sorted so thet whoever stepped in knew their role and didnt upset things too much.

same now with howe who wasnt meant to be a great coach defensovely.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Has there been any updates at all on him in the last 10 days?

The fact Eddie basically said absolutely nothing on him, whilst saying Willock and Barnes were out til January, makes me think he might be about ready.

Or he’s completely fettled 😂

Just now, TBG said:

But, bbbb,but Howe said nothing of the sort in his press conference 

He emailed Silva last night to say Botman had an outside chance, told him about Gordon's issues as well. Mentioned what we'd be doing on set pieces with Trippier being out.

Just now, Ronaldo said:

We need him back. Since he’s been out the right side of the defence has absolutely been a weakness and having Schar back next to Trippier from next week will help. 

Think Lascelles has done well but longer he's in the worse he looks in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We need him back. Since he’s been out the right side of the defence has absolutely been a weakness and having Schar back next to Trippier from next week will help. 

I also think Schar is better bringing the ball out from that side. He's still been great from the left but it's more natural from that side. 

Pray that he’s ready and this isn’t some half based arse comeback which results in further breakdown.

Might be an over exaggeration but think our success this season depends on Sven staying fit.

Edited by Whitley mag

21 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Pray that he’s ready and this isn’t some half based arse comeback which results in further breakdown.

Might be an over exaggeration but think our success this season depends on Sven staying fit.

He's a leader also easy to forget with his age. Haven't had our strongest back four playing together this season, Trippier Schar Botman Livromento is really looking good.

When Botmans back the first thing I'd be inclined to do is give Schar a rest. It's like a whack a mole game at the minute though. Burn comes back then Trippier picks up a knock/suspension. Isak returns and then Gordon goes down. Timely in a way but be nice to be reassured rather than fretting looking at our bench.