Sven Botman

The Prophet

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

He's kicking a ball on his instagram story today.

Good news that.

Not bad for someone who "100% won't be back until new year" (according to some). :lol:

Not sure about his return date, but kicking a ball doesn’t say too much imo. What takes a long time is to get the knee the stability and strength that it needs so that you can rely on it being strong enough under heavy load as well as well as being able to handle awkward/accidental twists and turns without a setback. That proper stability and reliability is what takes such a long time to get back. Every progress is positive though, even if minor steps alone. 

3 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

💪🏻

Not sure what that tweet is getting at? It still will be within that time frame at least. Back on training ground, but still be at least 2 months work on that before resuming full first team training where you ideally wouldn’t want to rush him back through that. 

Hope if Botman says come September I’m good to go, we tell him no. 

Did I imagine it but didn't Howe say in a recent interview end of the year when referring to Botman. As long as he comes back the player we signed it takes as long as it needs no mistakes this time. 

On 26/07/2024 at 21:11, Shadow Puppets said:

They’re aiming for a late October return to full training… mid-November to competitive football is the plan as things stand.

So next April then... 😅

Doesn't it normally take a year after they are back before ACL repaired players are at their best? 

Took Van Disney a full season to get back to being a world class CB. I'm sure Howe said they were taking it easy with Tino because of his injury too, which would have been over a year ago when he said that 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, JUICE690 said:

How long's he been out? Seems like an age.

Think he was out September till December last year, then March till potentially December this year.

Edited by Turnbull2000

Just now, Turnbull2000 said:

Think he was out September till December last year, then March till potentially December this year.

Forgot we had him back for a bit. Hopefully we avoid rushing players back with the new guy in.

On 02/08/2024 at 05:12, janpawel said:

Doesn't it normally take a year after they are back before ACL repaired players are at their best? 

Took Van Disney a full season to get back to being a world class CB. I'm sure Howe said they were taking it easy with Tino because of his injury too, which would have been over a year ago when he said that 

Yes, return to play and return to perform (i.e. back to where they were) are typically two different timelines. Not always the case and greatly depends on the specifics of the injury and the individual, but it's why I'm assuming we won't have a fully ready Botman (or Lascelles) for a huge portion of the season.

• 2 weeks later...