Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

There was a moment in the 1st half where he stepped up out the line, won the ball as soon as the Brighton player touched it and played it straight through the midfield to Wilson’s feet. 

Burn has done nothing wrong and they are both defensively sound, but Botman for me can probably create things in an attacking manner that Burn can’t, so he would get the nod for me. 

Edited by NWMag

13 minutes ago, NWMag said:

There was a moment in the 1st half where he stepped up out the line, won the ball as soon as the Brighton player touched it and played it straight through the midfield to Wilson’s feet. 

Burn has done nothing wrong and they are both defensively sound, but Botman for me can probably create things in an attacking manner that Burn can’t, so he would get the nod for me. 

That's exactly the move Burn loves but was maybe too eager to do it in the end of last season and cost us the Everton game.

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

How do people think he did today ?

I thought he looked hesitant/ nervous, kind of catching up with the pace of the prem when defending/reading, but didnt look like making any errors either.

decent at passing, but prefer it on the deck as his long balls were not zeroed in tbh.

Good first game, will take him a few to get up to speed.

6 hours ago, NWMag said:

Still think next week we go 3 at the back, and then whoever is better out of Botman/Burn keeps the shirt. 

I’m not following you. Surely a back three would be Schaar, Burn, and Botman with Trippier and Targett. Are you penciling in Lascelles?

Burn stepped up yesterday and took one for the team so to speak so he’ll keep the shirt on that alone. I also don’t think Howe is going to immediately throw Botman to the Man City wolves next week and he’ll get eased in like Bruno. It’s only fair and it seems to be the way Howe prefers to do things. 

As others have said on the other thread. I'd play 5 at the back and let Willock come off the bench and help advance the ball more if we are still in it. We are at home so anything can happen if the fans get behind the team. 

8 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

I’m not following you. Surely a back three would be Schaar, Burn, and Botman with Trippier and Targett. Are you penciling in Lascelles?

No sorry, I mean next week would be Schar/Botman/Burn and then when we revert back to 2 CBS it will be Schar and whichever one of Botman/Burn plays best next week

Thought he seemed a little bit rough round the edges but nothing too bad considering the opposition. Got sucked into watching Haaland and left a gap for their goal but didn't feel he played badly overall. Sure his confidence will grow as the season goes on.

Just now, The Prophet said:

He was definetly shaky today, both on and off the ball. That said it was his second PL start v Man City so it's understandable.

It shows that Howe is right to bring these new imports in slowly.  We'd probs have been better off with Schar and Burn today if Targett was fit.