Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

Ticks every box if you’ve watched him at Lille and the champions league. 

Great value for money with the asset value worse case scenario, he has the potential of our Vincent company that’s what we’ve wanted and we got!

More agreements to come with new players…

Wasn't expecting to see this thread title. Good news.

Has everyone saying they didn't want him as he's too slow or not suited to the PL started backtracking yet? [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Wasn't expecting to see this thread title. Good news.

Has everyone saying they didn't want him as he's too slow or not suited to the PL started backtracking yet? [emoji38]

He's a pacey legend!

If he does indeed sign, its gonna be great to see an imposing but talented back 4/5.  All of Trippier, Targett, Burn, Schar and Batman are great on the ball but with Pope's advantage on crosses, and Burn/Botman or both, we'll be no push over. Talent and Muscle! :)

I literally have no clue what he's like, having never seen him play. But I'm excited anyway!

It's like when you used to buy a new player and then you started itching for pre season friendlies to start, so you could catch the first glimpse of them to debate whether they were any good with your mates in the pub.

We didn't really get the chance for that same buzz with Bruno, because we were all just mainly fretting whether we'd stay up or not too much to enjoy it at the time.

54 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I doubt he’ll play with Burn. But I’d love a CB partnership with that height. I don’t think we’ve had 2 really tall centrebacks that can play as well as long as I can remember. 

I'm just dissapointed I havent seen a photoshop of that Fraser/Burn picture with Botman the otherside of Fraser.

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I doubt he’ll play with Burn. But I’d love a CB partnership with that height. I don’t think we’ve had 2 really tall centrebacks that can play as well as long as I can remember. 

Wonder whether we could/would play two left footers. Must be umpteen examples of right footed pairings 

Get this over the line and we're only one signing off this, which I'd be confident for top eight. It's too defensively strong to finish bottom half. Howe got a good tune out of Krafth and Burn, so there is even strength in depth. In goal too, of course.

401596477_lineup(2).png.6bff7d1a00fc005c419255cb67841e8f.png

Ideally we sign a dedicated wide forward in addition to Ekitike or whichever striker we buy instead of Ekitike. Do that and a West Ham level challenge to the top six looks possible. It may be possible with just better conditioning to avoid muscle\soft tissue problems with Wilson. The injury against Man U was a broken foot.