Diego Carlos

Nobody

1 minute ago, LV said:

Probably Levy playing silly buggers because he’s butthurt about the takeover 

Got to hand it to Conte like, there's no way Levy would spend that sort of money on a soon to be 29yr old, but we know Conte can throw his toys out of the pram if he doesn't get his signings. Got Levy over a barrel now it seems. Let's see what comes of it. I would still take this news with a pinch of salt at this stage. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

Are they wealthy enough to bid against us?

They had that recent investment from the Czech guy a few weeks back so it’s possible.

I still personally feels like it’s bollocks and their is no bid from another club.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Are they wealthy enough to bid against us?

I doubt it. Doubt Spurs are either tbh. Really only Chelsea out of the London clubs could go head to head with us at this point. 

2 minutes ago, duo said:

I'm sorry to be constantly negative but this is an absolute shambles. It all started so well with Trippier but it's been all down hill since then.

Mate , we are dealing with transfers on a different level to the shite we have scraped together on the final days of the window under Ashley .

These can be complicated , other clubs know we have the readies and attempt to take the piss , have some fucking patience man ….it’s not a shambles , this is exciting as fuck , would you rather be hoping for Chowdry on loan on the last day of the window ffs .

sake 

7 minutes ago, duo said:

I'm sorry to be constantly negative but this is an absolute shambles. It all started so well with Trippier but it's been all down hill since then.

FM2022 not out yet?

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

Mate , we are dealing with transfers on a different level to the shite we have scraped together on the final days of the window under Ashley .

These can be complicated , other clubs know we have the readies and attempt to take the piss , have some fucking patience man ….it’s not a shambles , this is exciting as fuck , would you rather be hoping for Chowdry on loan on the last day of the window ffs .

sake 

A bit of scraped together shite like Tiote in his prime, Colo  and dreamboat cabaye would do very nicely. 

9 minutes ago, duo said:

Just log off for the next 11 days. You’ll feel much better. 

15 minutes ago, GWN said:

sake 

Wey, I agree with you mostly, but offering Reims a few extra million for Etikike should we win the Champions League was a bit dumb. 

We’re facing relegation straight in the eye, no wonder we’re struggling. There’s  a good argument to be had that if we can’t get the right players in now that we simply go with more or less what we have and then reassess at the season’s end. We then either build a team for promotion or if we somehow manage to stay up we get the players in then when we’ll be a hugely more attractive proposition.

We are completely in limbo at the moment.

If he's Howe's number 1 centre half target (or number 2 given how Botman went) then I say just pay the 40m-60m it might take. Different scenarios but Liverpool in mid 2017-18 forked out £75m(?) for Van Dijk and eyebrows were raised at that at the time iirc. Now it looks a snip. If Diego Carlos has a similar sort of impact on our defence and in turn our results given how many points we've thrown away from winning positions, surely it's worth it?

I'm still not believing there's another PL club taking us on for Carlos's signature tbh. Short term they might win a small battle, but they would have to know we'd be looking to get even at some point in the future. And by even, I mean shafting them good and proper in future transfer auctions. 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I'm super worried what the "big six" and the Pl will concoct with us not at the table though. I would be going all out to stay up, personally.

:thup: My thoughts too along with the fact that there's zero guarantees that we come back should we go down. That squad still needs demolition even if we do get relegated.