Diego Carlos

Nobody

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Isn’t really an exclusive - he spoke to Mark Douglas anarl.

Also Monchi states we made the first offer a month ago. Shows our lot were actively trying to sort multiple deals before the window opened. 

Also shows why January is a tricky window to convince clubs to release their players in because they need to find replacements themselves. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Talks began in December.

The offer was respectable.

Negotiations were handled in good faith.

Ultimately they didn't feel it was the right time to sell.

Worrying.

They are going for a title - may not get this chance again in a while  - I wouldn’t sell in their position either 

if you want him now - pay over the odds - or wait until the summer 

3 minutes ago, Mikky said:

They are going for a title - may not get this chance again in a while  - I wouldn’t sell in their position either 

if you want him now - pay over the odds - or wait until the summer 

I think he was taking the mick out of all those people that keep saying we aren’t doing our best

11 minutes ago, LV said:

Also Monchi states we made the first offer a month ago. Shows our lot were actively trying to sort multiple deals before the window opened. 

Also shows why January is a tricky window to convince clubs to release their players in because they need to find replacements themselves. 

Nah not possible. 

Amanda & co started first day of transfer window and are fucking useless:bluestar:

At least he's admitted it was a good offer. Fair enough it wasn't the "right time" but he'll be getting a much smaller one in the summer, and they'll keep getting smaller with every window that passes.

50 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Move on. 

100% Sevilla will either accept it and get on with their season or it will flush them out and they come back with a deal, it's sounds like Carlos wants to come, but I reckon this window is his only chance, Botman will be number one target come the summer.

I rather we sign younger CBs in the summer. Our central defence is ageing and needs younger blood:

Age in summer

Fernandez, 33

Clark, 32

Dummett, 30

Schar, 30

Burn, 30 (if we sign him)

Lascelles, 28

6 minutes ago, LRD said:

I rather we sign younger CBs in the summer. Our central defence is ageing and needs younger blood:

Age in summer

Fernandez, 33

Clark, 32

Dummett, 30

Schar, 30

Burn, 30 (if we sign him)

Lascelles, 28

Yep. And Carlos will also be 29 by then, £40m plus will probably sound far too expensive by then.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Talks began in December.

The offer was respectable.

Negotiations were handled in good faith.

Ultimately they didn't feel it was the right time to sell.

Worrying.

Which translates to "Give us more money"

1 hour ago, TRon said:

At least he's admitted it was a good offer. Fair enough it wasn't the "right time" but he'll be getting a much smaller one in the summer, and they'll keep getting smaller with every window that passes.

Maybe they'd rather have a very rate tilt at a league title than have an extra few £m in the bank? Strange concept for us after the last 14 years of Ashley I know, but I remember what hope used to feel like and I cannot blame them. I'd want us to do the same if the roles were reversed.

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Maybe they'd rather have a very rate tilt at a league title than have an extra few £m in the bank? Strange concept for us after the last 14 years of Ashley I know, but I remember what hope used to feel like and I cannot blame them. I'd want us to do the same if the roles were reversed.

Even their own guy on here @Trensa was saying that the title chances were really small. But they will want CL football so understandable if they want top dollar to be persuaded to sell. But they have put a price on him which isn't that far off our valuation, so obviously they are very conscious of the dwindling returns if they keep him beyond this window.

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

Even their own guy on here @Trensa was saying that the title chances were really small.

Really small? They're 4 points behind.

Next team is 10 points behind the leaders so it feels like a 2 horse race. Yeah, obviously Real are strong favourites given their squad, reputation, history etc but I'd be livid if Newcastle were in a similar situation and sold a key player and binned off what might be a once in a generation title shot because the board were worried about dwindling transfer values.

Remember when we sold Sir Les? That. But instead of doing it in the summer, doing it in January when we're in a title fight and can't get a replacement anywhere near as good.

Fair play to Sevilla.

They can't expect the same money in the summer though.

If they get in the CL, keeping hold of him will have been worth whatever they lose in the summer anyway.

So when I said the other day that Sevilla had wasted our time and had our pants down, someone replied with "Not at all".

I'd argue that considering the first bid was a month ago, and it has only really been curtailed in the last day or 2, I would agree with my original feeling that they have had our pants down and wasted our time on this one, which, with less than 4 days of transfer window remaining, to look for an alternative, isn't ideal!

2 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

So when I said the other day that Sevilla had wasted our time and had our pants down, someone replied with "Not at all".

I'd argue that considering the first bid was a month ago, and it has only really been curtailed in the last day or 2, I would agree with my original feeling that they have had our pants down and wasted our time on this one, which, with less than 4 days of transfer window remaining, to look for an alternative, isn't ideal!

Give over. They haven't had our pants down at all. :lol: They've just had the temerity (in the eyes of some on here) to keep saying "no". They're absolutely entitled to do that. They've been incredibly consistent throughout that they do not want to sell. Why should they? He's their player, under contract.

It's our fault (if you like) for keeping going back in when they didn't want to sell but that's on us. But given that we can work on multiple bids at the same time, so what? No harm done.

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Give over. They haven't had our pants down at all. :lol: They've just had the temerity (in the eyes of some on here) to keep saying "no". They're absolutely entitled to do that. They've been incredibly consistent throughout that they do not want to sell. Why should they? He's their player, under contract.

It's our fault (if you like) for keeping going back in when they didn't want to sell but that's on us. But given that we can work on multiple bids at the same time, so what? No harm done.

I'd add in that at some point they would sell but we didn't reach that point. 

22 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Possibly... but would we have kept going back and kept on plugging away for 1 month, if there were no indications they would sell?