Diego Carlos

Nobody

Pau Torres is a Spanish international and a pipe dream, but yeah, he would have been awesome. Doubt they will sell Diego now that Kounde is injured. Unless for silly money, yet again. 

Not sure about his injury though. 

Edited by Ikon

4 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Sevilla operate the same model as Lille - think it’s diffcult unless you meet the buyout clause whatever that is for him

Aren’t the buyout clauses in La Liga always bonkers and totally unrealistic? Like there must be some contractual reason for doing it. But I remember Barca a good few years back and I think Real Madrid also went through a phase of having average to decent youngsters, signing contracts with like a €200-€300m buyout :lol: 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Aren’t the buyout clauses in La Liga always bonkers and totally unrealistic? Like there must be some contractual reason for doing it. But I remember Barca a good few years back and I think Real Madrid also went through a phase of having average to decent youngsters, signing contracts with like a €200-€300m buyout :lol: 

It depends on the level of club - Barca and R Madrid are OTT - Atleti possibly highl aswell 

Bilbao you have to pay about say 30% more than market value - the rest I am not sure

Not very often you wait for a response and then get it accepted. They are almost certain to haggle again and we will be in a similar place to Botman deal. They know we are desperate.

I suspect Sevilla are in a better financial shape than Lille too. Although Carlos is quite a bit older than Botman which is important.

Edited by STM

His age could be a key factor here. At 28 he's probably at the highest value he will ever be at. They can cash in now or see his value depreciate over the remainder of his contract.

Botman was different. He's young and can hold his value.

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Wonder if we can go in with the indication that we need the deal done before the Watford game and therefore this is the most they'll get out of us.

Again, we really just don't know when clubs are willing to sell. Lille were steadfast from the beginning.

I honestly think if Sevilla don't want to sell then we will have to blow them out of the water, which we won't do. Time won't push them IMO.

Just wish clubs wouldn't give us a price if they don't want to sell.

Edited by STM

Kounde's subject to a lot of transfer interest himself from Chelsea, Liverpool, and Real Madrid. Strong rumours yesterday in a few places that Liverpool are trying to get him wrapped up with a loan back to Sevilla for the rest of the season. Been no news on his injury as far as I can see, but if it was serious it would surely have been reported by now?