Diego Carlos

Nobody

9 minutes ago, LRD said:

Close to 29 years old without a senior cap doesn't inspire either 

That is a good point, especially considering Brazil aren't blessed with CBs right now. However I don't think a player not being an International (current or otherwise) should put us off. His temperament and rash tackling is something that would though.

The pen thing isn't good but it's only a few games - sometimes bad/freak form happens. What's more important is what he's like over a longer period. Has he conceded pens since?

He's been a seemingly major part of a defence that's conceded less than a goal per game over the last few seasons. Can he be that error prone?

I haven’t seen the video so could be off base but. Vickery is the South American correspondent iirc? From what I can gather this lad has been playing in Europe for 6 years? We would be better asking people who watch Spanish football regularly. 

4 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He's been a seemingly major part of a defence that's conceded less than a goal per game over the last few seasons. Can he be that error prone?

Much like our current plight; how’s the midfield in front of him? That speaks more to defense in general. Maybe they’re a squad that can really retain possession, reducing the pressure off the CBs especially, but the defense on the whole. 

Edited by cubaricho

39 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I haven’t seen the video so could be off base but. Vickery is the South American correspondent iirc? From what I can gather this lad has been playing in Europe for 6 years? We would be better asking people who watch Spanish football regularly. 

He’s allowed to watch other leagues.

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Have a mate who watches Spanish football a lot , has no bad feeling towards Newcastle or anything but says this guy is shite and would be a poor signing .

He definitely isn't shite like, but I do worry about his temperament.

I’ve watched him a fair few times, and can understand some of the concerns re rash tackling and pens etc.

But Tim Vickery is talking like the lad would be moving to a good side - he isn’t, he’s moving to a side which before 1st Jan had possibly the worst back line in PL history.   Sevilla are hardly dummies - their side is light years ahead of our mob pre-window.  So the question is - ‘is he significantly better then Lascelles, Clark et al?’

It is a resounding ‘yes’ on that front.  I don’t give a solitary shite about the fee - that’s for the club’s accountants to worry about.

Just now, BeloEmre said:

Are we looking to sign both Carlos and Botman? 😳

All the journos have said we want two CBs, although people have been presuming that meant one large fee and one small for some reason. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I would still be surprised if it was both he and Botman to come in 

Aye, not sure how good an idea it is to spend loads on 2 centre halves that don't even speak the same language in an emergency