Newcastle United 0 - 1 Cambridge United (08/01/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Centre forward and centre midfielder be more beneficial to us staying up than a centre half, need to make those priority for the Watford game.

One of each, and a left back. 

These are shite and we’ve gone into half time at 0-0. 

Some nice approach play, let down by a Wilson-shaped hole up top. Full credit to their keeper too, who's been great.

I know Gayle's not there, but is there a striker on the bench? Because I'd be tempted to play him instead of Longstaff. ASM is the falsest of false nines, but you can't blame him because its not his game.

4 minutes ago, Beren said:

Joelinton's a funny old player :lol: His first touch isn't half bad, but it's so sudden. Like the player controlling him got temporarily disconnected from Pro Evo or something as the ball is played into him, then he springs into life just as the ball reaches him.

like trying to trap a hand-grenade 

1 minute ago, Sean said:

One positive from that half is that it would have shown our owners how badly we need strengthening in front of goal.

I was thinking about this and came to the conclusion that they surely know that already :lol:  

Just now, David Edgar said:

I was thinking about this and came to the conclusion that they surely know that already :lol:  

The league table was their very first clue something was amiss.

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

One positive from that half is that it would have shown our owners how badly we need strengthening in front of goal.

I remember watching us under Benitez thinking this, hoping that it would force the club to spend some money. It’s nice to not have to worry about that anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

What I'm taking away from this is that other than Maximin, the rest are championship standard...if that. Take Wilson out of the team and none of them have a clue how to go about scoring. 

Just now, TRon said:

What I'm taking away from this is that other than Maximin, the rest are championship standard...if that. Take Wilson out of the team and none of them have a clue how to go about scoring. 

Also shows the weakness of our academy that we don't have anyone to come in.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Exactly this!  Murphy is a terrible finisher.  How many chances does he need for God sake?