More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

We'll never know. It's just as likely the budget have been revised based on results not going as we were hoping for prior to the window opening as well.

Eiher way, it's reassuring to see that the owners are seemingly willing to do what is necessary to keep us up.

If we stay up, the summer window to me will be more indicative of what we can expect the coming years. If we were 6-9 points better off at this stage, I'm not sure we'd spunk £25m on the likes of Wood f.ex.

I agree with all that Conjo. Look, Tifo said they have 200M this year and still comply with FFP. So, do whatever is needed to stay up and whatever is left, that's for the summer window.

9 minutes ago, Kanji said:

The “50m” budget was always a smoke screen of bullshit. They were going to splash cash no matter what. 

Aye I dunno about that. If we had won a few games and Wilson hadn’t got injured we wouldn’t have spent as much. Certainly not the £25m on wood. 

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

We'll never know. It's just as likely the budget have been revised based on results not going as we were hoping for prior to the window opening as well.

Eiher way, it's reassuring to see that the owners are seemingly willing to do what is necessary to keep us up.

If we stay up, the summer window to me will be more indicative of what we can expect the coming years. If we were 6-9 points better off at this stage, I'm not sure we'd spunk £25m on the likes of Wood f.ex.

Nah man. They said that to not freak people out when they were planning on spending as much as they felt they wanted to within FFP. They haven’t announced sponsors because they will probably recoup every pound spent and offset FFP with commercial deals. These are in it to dominate football. Saddle up.  

Just now, Kanji said:

Nah man. They said that to not freak people out when they were planning on spending as much as they felt they wanted to within FFP. They haven’t announced sponsors because they will probably recoup every pound spent and offset FFP with commercial deals. These are in it to dominate football. Saddle up.  

Gave me goosebumps reading that last bit. :lol:

Would love to fast forward 5 years and see what we’re like. Saying that, the journey to get there is going to be immense. As someone said the other day, I hope I never get used to this. 

Still think we need another 2 or 3 tomorrow like

Don't get me wrong it's amazing the position the club is in compared to September but we really need to do all we can to stop up and still think we are still utter shite in a few positions...

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

It's all speculation though, but hope you're right :lol: I'm happy either way they go tbh, as long as they aren't hindering progress like our last owner.

??| PSG have offered players, like Icardi, in exchange for Dembélé, but FC Barcelona are not interested in them & want €20M.
@FCBRAC1 [?]

Heres an idea we buy Icardi and psg can buy Dembele

Edited by Slim

If we got Lingard, I think we could say it´s as complete a January window as we could expect. If we get another defender it will be unreal...

Trippier and Bruno are top class, Burns and Woods completely needed as those positions were clear weaknesses (with wilson out, and clarke occasionally playing).

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Yet another good signing.

Surely this means Ritchie has got to go?

Ritchie was a fill in for injuries, and then the genius that is Steve Bruce thought keeping him there instead of a fit Lewis was sensible.

Still think Ritchie will go mind, but not because of Targett coming in.