More transfer rumours

midds

If they are going for the "evolution over revolution" approach, I think people need to be prepared for there to still be one or two obvious holes in the squad that hasn't been patched with new players after August. 

If I were to guess right now, on the assumption that is the strategy the owners are going for right now, I'd guess we'd bring in Targett on permanent deal, a young striker (Eketite, Diaz or Brennan Johnson type of player that can play on the wing and up front), a CB (Botman, Kelly or Gvardiol) and GK (Henderson or Kepa on loan).

I'd be satisfied with that tbh. Clear improvement of the squad and some young blood showing owners wants us improving and aiming for a brighter future.

I'd fucking love it though if we were to go after signings like Nunez, Antony, Pino, Phillips, Hickey, Paqueta, Diaby etc so low key hope the transfer strategy/budget rumours are just a smoke screen without being massively dissapointed if it isn't.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Goalkeepers are usually no 1 tbf Nees. 

Not necessarily nowadays.

We do need a new goalkeeper but medium term imo. Fine with Dubravka being the no. 1 next season as the alternate choices are so uninspiring. 

For the defence, I'd ship out Clark, Fernandez and Krafth. Lascelles won't be sold imo, as much as he probably should. I'd sign Targett permanently, try for Botman again and assuming we can keep Trippier fit I'm more than happy to have him and Manquillo as our two there. I'd love someone like Djed Spence but he'll likely be behind Trippier were he to come here and he'd probably have PL offers that guarantee 1st team football. I'd personally keep Lewis but if Howe doesn't rate him then I'm more than happy for him to go. Dummett would just be the homegrown at club registration rule merchant that we need. 

In midfield I can see Hayden and Hendrick going. Not Shelvey, yet. I like Isaac Hayden, been a great servant and fully gets the club but he's not good enough for where we want to go and I'm unsure he'd be happy as a utility player. Hendrick is shite and I think he'll gladly move too. I don't know enough about Paqueta but he seems to be quality and is best mates with Bruno. I also like Kamara so would take either. Midfielders like Tchouameni are probably out of our reach atm. 

In attack I can see Gayle, Almiron and Ritchie going. Can see Lingard coming in again which tbh I'd be happy with on a free, another striker hopefully in the ilk of Nunez or Osimhen and another winger if we're persisting either 4-3-3 next season.

5 hours ago, Conjo said:

If they are going for the "evolution over revolution" approach, I think people need to be prepared for there to still be one or two obvious holes in the squad that hasn't been patched with new players after August. 

If I were to guess right now, on the assumption that is the strategy the owners are going for right now, I'd guess we'd bring in Targett on permanent deal, a young striker (Eketite, Diaz or Brennan Johnson type of player that can play on the wing and up front), a CB (Botman, Kelly or Gvardiol) and GK (Henderson or Kepa on loan).

If there are any holes in the squad then I don't think it will be for the want of trying. I feel the whole "evolution over revolution" is more about us looking primarily overseas and therefore we can't have a whole new team made up of players without PL experience. There is also probably an element of the club wanting to send the right signals out before the transfer window opens in these reports. 

Guest reefatoon
7 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

How on earth can a striker be your 5th choice for priority ?

He’s called thumbheed. He’s obviously channeling his inner Charnley.

15 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

How on earth can a striker be your 5th choice for priority ?

Not 5th (no particular order) but slightly lower importance than the first 3 because I think improving in those 3 positions makes the biggest difference to us as a team.

Improving on Wilson seems slightly less of a priority than improving on Murphy/Fraser/Almiron, Shelvey and imo Dubs. 

GK is an underrated position and can have the biggest influences on the defence as we've seen ourselves with the clear difference Dubs makes when he plays over Darlow, improving on that seems to make sense to me, whereas injuries aside, Wilson will always bang the goals in given the chances. 

Edit: I do want a striker.

Edited by Thumbheed

13 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Not 5th (no particular order) but slightly lower importance than the first 3 because I think improving in those 3 positions makes the biggest difference to us as a team.

Improving on Wilson seems slightly less of a priority than improving on Murphy/Fraser/Almiron, Shelvey and imo Dubs. 

GK is an underrated position and can have the biggest influences on the defence as we've seen ourselves with the clear difference Dubs makes when he plays over Darlow, improving on that seems to make sense to me, whereas injuries aside, Wilson will always bang the goals in given the chances. 

Edit: I do want a striker.

I’ve got to disagree, RW is massively important don’t get me wrong, but we can’t go into next season relying on Wilson again. A top striker has to be the number one priority.

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’ve got to disagree, RW is massively important don’t get me wrong, but we can’t go into next season relying on Wilson again. A top striker has to be the number one priority.

Aye, don't completely disagree with that all tbf, but Dubs also spends a fair bit of time out and the alternative to him is Darlow who we know seems to have a negative impact on the team, whereas we've ground out brilllaint results without Wilson. 

Edited by Thumbheed

24 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

Next season starts on the 6th of August. That means we have to be quick in our negotiations in the summer window. 

waiting for the last day means losing at least 5 games. 

Why does it mean we would lose 5 games?  Are your balls rectangular by any chance?

7 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Newcastle United want to sign 29-year-old Barcelona and Brazil midfielder Philippe Coutinho, currently on loan at Aston Villa.(Sport)

No thanks, Paqueta for me all day if we’re after an attacking midfielder.