More transfer rumours

midds

21 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Imagine getting Philips and Raphinha in for a combined £60m - other clubs would go mental 

No brainer. Should be going all in for both in terms of salary and contract length. Both would improve us so much I'd imagine us becoming a top 7 side next season already. And for £60m we could afford another 1 or 2 quality players as well.

Just now, AJ9 said:

Draw the line at Pickford like. He’s bang average and a total cunt.

This would be our Campbell to Arsenal, Figo to Real Madrid, etc since the chances of Sunderland having a player good enough for us anytime soon is unlikely.

I've always thought Pickford is a good keeper, just not convinced he's that much better than Dubravka. If we are going to upgrade, we should be going for a really commanding goalie, not just a shot stopper, and Pickford strikes me as more of a stopper.

It's the fact he's got the brain of an 8 year old and he's a fucking wanker to boot that puts me off him. There's far better players who don't happen to be cunts out there. 

Sounds like opinion rather than any inside knowledge though.

Of course Shelvey will be gone in the next couple of years. Joelinton can easily play a part in our squad going forward.

There's every chance Joelinton can grow with the club over the coming years. I expect it'll be a while yet before his standard is deemed not good enough for our squad at all.

6 minutes ago, Lenny said:

There's every chance Joelinton can grow with the club over the coming years. I expect it'll be a while yet before his standard is deemed not good enough for our squad at all.

Imagine typing that 6 months ago :lol: 

Joelinton and Shelvey shouldn't be in the same discussion about who is or isn't leaving. Joelinton is 25 and extremely versatile both in terms of positions he can cover and what attributes he brings to the team, so even as a squad player he is invaluable. Shelvey is 5yrs older and although talented, wouldn't provide anywhere near the same depth in positional cover as a squad player.

Joelinton could be an incredibly useful player going forward. Even if he's eventually moved out of the first eleven, he'd be great to bring on to break up play and cause a general nuisance.

That said he seems like a really hard working individual, so I don't see why he won't continue to improve. 

It's uncharted territory, but Joelinton could potentially be used as a central defensive midfielder given how easily he slotted into the left side of that midfield 3. Could easily see him develop into Shelveys role, giving Bruno and Paqueta more license to roam and attack.

and yes I've already taken it for granted that we're bringing Paqueta home to Bruno to form our new 3 man Brazilian midfield next season. 

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Joelinton could be an incredibly useful player going forward. Even if he's eventually moved out of the first eleven, he'd be great to bring on to break up play and cause a general nuisance.

That said he seems like a really hard working individual, so I don't see why he won't continue to improve. 

He’ll be a good utility player. Cover for CM & outwide if needed. 

17 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It's uncharted territory, but Joelinton could potentially be used as a central defensive midfielder given how easily he slotted into the left side of that midfield 3. Could easily see him develop into Shelveys role, giving Bruno and Paqueta more license to roam and attack.

He's not good enough on the ball to be nothing other than a stop gap in that position.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He's not good enough on the ball to be nothing other than a stop gap in that position.

You may very well be right, but it would be interesting to see how he does in that position before a conclusion is drawn. He's already surprised us once this season.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Joelinton isn’t good enough to be here longer than 12 months unless as a squad filler. Same applies to Shelvey. 

joe is just too limited on the ball. Shelvey is too limited physically. Would like at least one of them replaced this summer in the first team. 

But he would be a very good squad filler tbh, look at his attributes. Can play across the front line, in a few different midfield roles, is big and and can run for 90 mins.  Plus he has a great attitude and work ethic. He's not the worst footballer either, tbh he looks like De Bruyne compared to someone like Wood.

I agree he's not good enough to command a first team place for much longer, but I think Howe will definitely want to keep him around to use tactically over a season.

I look in this thread and tell myself....99.9% of rumours are just click bait........still can't help smile and get excited though.  Never looked forward to the closed season so much!

Can see Big Joe being here for a long time mostly as a really good utility player capable of literally playing anywhere in midfield and attack. As it stands now he's our best ball winner and when he's on, he's unplayable. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Can see Big Joe being here for a long time mostly as a really good utility player capable of literally playing anywhere in midfield and attack. As it stands now he's our best ball winner and when he's on, he's unplayable. 

Yep, the comments in here about him being no more than squad filler are bollocks, he'll continue to grow with us and contribute, might even help us in our efforts to acquire further Brazilians.

21 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Yep, the comments in here about him being no more than squad filler are bollocks, he'll continue to grow with us and contribute, might even help us in our efforts to acquire further Brazilians.

1MaoQuB.jpg

Edited by cubaricho