More transfer rumours

midds

On 05/05/2022 at 19:26, ManDoon said:

Putin has very high support levels there, and frankly I don’t want anyone who might sympathize with his cause. Yes it sucks but it sucks more for Ukrainian players. Go check out the polling for Putin, they love the guy 

:lol: Aye, I'm sure the polling on Putin coming out of Russia is completely legitimate and also not influenced by any propaganda.

Even then his popularity is almost identical to Blair's when we invaded Iraq.

Why is it that so many self identifying humanitarians make exceptions as soon as it's the civilian population of the evil dictator? Somehow deciding that they're simultaneously both brainwashed and all in on it? You see the same shit with China too, absolutely psychotic.

I get the not wanting to upset the morale of the squad breaking wages and replacing lots of people but to be honest I will be gutted if we aren't binning a fair amount of the squad this summer.

Equally so if we are just bringing in proven PL players (linked) above a higher tier. There has to be a balance but I don't know If the whole gradual change needs to be ultra conservative.

We need a minimum of 8 players in imo:

GK

CB (preferably 2)

LB (if targett isn't staying)

DM

AM

2x Wingers

1 top class striker.

Edited by toontownman

Trippier is a tone setter, don’t think anyone coming through the door will be upsetting the squad mentality when you’ve got someone like Trips there as the real leader. 

57 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

We are desperate of a winger/wingers capable of shooting and provide assists.

Well ASM would be more productive than Mane if we had a decent striker..

Edited by Sean

On 05/05/2022 at 12:26, Optimistic Nut said:

Might sound bad but I’m guessing any Russian players bought would pay tax to the Russian government? It’s a massive hornet’s nest.

Doubt that.  The US is one very few countries that collect taxes on foreign earnings of citizens living abroad.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

I get the not wanting to upset the morale of the squad breaking wages and replacing lots of people but to be honest I will be gutted if we aren't binning a fair amount of the squad this summer.

Equally so if we are just bringing in proven PL players (linked) above a higher tier. There has to be a balance but I don't know If the whole gradual change needs to be ultra conservative.

We need a minimum of 8 players in imo:

GK

CB (preferably 2)

LB (if targett isn't staying)

DM

AM

2x Wingers

1 top class striker.

I can see that over 2-3 transfer windows.

We won't be able to shift everyone we want, nor will we be able to get all the players in the positions that we want in the summer. I think we'll be looking at and need to look at getting a striker, number 6, winger, CB and Targett. Then next summer another CB, another striker, another winger and a goalkeeper.

3 signings of the standard of Bruno would transform us. Anyone can say they want 8 new players to walk through the door but when they are no better than what we have, people will soon whinge.

Look at the way people go on about Wood. 

Let's get the right players, who are MUCH better than what we have. If we get 5, we have done amazing.

A goalkeeper is key. The mistakes dubravka makes a season is the difference between 10th and 8th.

They've got a hell of a task ahead of them in the summer like. Exciting stuff.

1 minute ago, Menace said:

A goalkeeper is key. The mistakes dubravka makes a season is the difference between 10th and 8th.

They've got a hell of a task ahead of them in the summer like. Exciting stuff.

Honestly, there was a stat that the other day is that without Dubravka we'd be something like 14 points worse off (can't remember the exact points total), he needs replacing as does most of the sqaud, but there are plenty of other positions that are more key then him.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Honestly, there was a stat that the other day is that without Dubravka we'd be something like 14 points worse off (can't remember the exact points total), he needs replacing as does most of the sqaud, but there are plenty of other positions that are more key then him.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Dub has been fine for the most part but he needs upgrading. 

100% agree, but for another season he is fine imo, obviously if we do upgrade I wouldn't be disappointed.

Edited by 54

We’ll have our targets already identified and no doubt made some approaches. Centre Forward is an absolute must, a CB and a top quality CM would make a huge difference.

ASM needs to improve his end product otherwise he may not survive beyond next season. We won’t need to rely on a moment of magic to steal enough points to survive. We will need someone with consistent quality to provide the ammunition for a proper forward line. Big year coming up for him.

Our current best team is:

Dubravka 

Trippier       Schar          Burn       Targett

Shelvey

Bruno               Joelinton

Fraser                                             ASM

Wilson

Priorities:

1. Striker, because of Wilson's injury record.

2. Winger right or left, we lack so much creativity, ASM and Fraser need someone to displace them.

3. Central defender, I'm still not convinced either Burn or Schar are top 8 players but at least both have shown themselves as reliable.

4. Midfielder, in this position we have the luxury of going for either an AM or a DM because of Brunos versatility.

5. Goalkeeper, only if the right one comes along who can play put from the back.