More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Rocker said:

Nah, the lad works there. It was today. Middayish. 

The video is him wishing my name a happy birthday (36 today!) and that mad hand gesture he Bruno does, like answering a call.

Happy birthday ? ? 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Get Neymar down to about £200k a week with incentives for goals/assists and CL qualification on top and I’m all in.

Have a Saudi club buy him and pay him £600kpw, then loan him to us for £100kpw. FFP? Aye...

7 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Have a Saudi club buy him and pay him £600kpw, then loan him to us for £100kpw. FFP? Aye...

Our very own Hearts/Kaunas, Watford/Udinese situation? Kinky.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Im' sure he will be ok with not being the highest paid player in world football.  I don't think he would be on anymore than Bruno tbh.  Bruno was/is regarded higher but is less attacking.  Same money so they can't argue.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Would be the biggest two fingers to FFP you could imagine. :lol:

Worth it for the fewm.

Be greta, unfortunately if they did, I think the Premier League would then go down the road of the Saudi state bing involved.

4 hours ago, Nine said:

Lodi is looking more likely by the day tbh, real shame for Targett but its understandable from Howes point of view.

I know it's YouTube but Lodi does look class....he's rapid.  We should get them both.

4 minutes ago, duo said:

I know it's YouTube but Lodi does look class....he's rapid.  We should get them both.

Yeah Ok, get him signed…..and Targett and they can fight it out.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

So Neymar only just turned 30 this year, and PSG are already happy to move him on. Damn!

As if anyone else can even afford to pay him the silly money they do, other than perhaps the very top teams, and he isn't even a player that can contribute to any of the top teams because he doesn't do anything defensively.

Guess he'll be off to Asia or the Middle East.

Let me just start by saying I definitely don't think he's the type of player we should sign and we never will (although I'd probably be even more excited about this club if we somehow did). 

But to say he doesn't contribute defensively is absurd in the sense that he runs more than Mbappé and Messi does. At Barcelona he was a hardworking player. Tite, the nt manager, always talks about how he prefers Neymar not to contribute too much defensively nowadays to preserve energy. This treatment has been given to many players before, but unfortunately for PSG they seem to have afforded three players in the same starting eleven the same leniency, yet it's always Neymar who ends up criticized for a lack of effort when he runs more than the two other. 

As for PSG wanting to move him, we have no idea whether this is true, however, it wouldn't shock me as Neymar has two times in 4 or 5 years asked to leave the club. Can't for my mind understand why they extended him when he's barely played due to injuries and doesn't really enjoy the club. 

14 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

Yeah Ok, get him signed…..and Targett and they can fight it out.

I'm not convinced by Lodi, but I'm warming up more and more to the more Brazilian the merrier mentality this club is starting to adapt. :love:

26 minutes ago, Flip said:

Let me just start by saying I definitely don't think he's the type of player we should sign and we never will (although I'd probably be even more excited about this club if we somehow did). 

But to say he doesn't contribute defensively is absurd in the sense that he runs more than Mbappé and Messi does. At Barcelona he was a hardworking player. Tite, the nt manager, always talks about how he prefers Neymar not to contribute too much defensively nowadays to preserve energy. This treatment has been given to many players before, but unfortunately for PSG they seem to have afforded three players in the same starting eleven the same leniency, yet it's always Neymar who ends up criticized for a lack of effort when he runs more than the two other. 

As for PSG wanting to move him, we have no idea whether this is true, however, it wouldn't shock me as Neymar has two times in 4 or 5 years asked to leave the club. Can't for my mind understand why they extended him when he's barely played due to injuries and doesn't really enjoy the club. 

At this point none of those three do enough defensively really. It's one of the reasons I think Mbappe should have got out of there. Guy has terrible habits already. The other two are at least older and so have a bit of an excuse. Mbappe is only 23 and has all the athleticism in the world and really should do more.

Good luck to the guy. I absolutely loved young Neymar, specifically when he was coming through in Brazil. Phenomenal talent with the ball. Not surprised he doesn't really get any fulfilment from playing at PSG. It's not a challenging league for that souped up team. Shame he didn't manage to get to go somewhere else sooner, but the money involved pretty much makes it impossible.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Linked with Demarai Gray in Craig Hope’s latest article. Would be a terrible signing.

Clickbait, honestly wouldn't listen to any of the rumours until they are confirmed signings. Open season, we're going to be linked to everyone at both ends of the spectrum.