More transfer rumours

midds

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Certainly doesn’t look like Botman to Milan is the sure thing the Italian media were claiming weeks ago.

I’ll be over the moon if we got him but is he the quick physical CH we need ? He certainly doesn’t look the quickest when turned on the times I’ve seen him. Massive upgrade on what we’ve got, but not sure he’s right alongside Burn or Schar.

Tiomori and Kalulu have been an absolute revelation for Milan this season and are both similar age to Botman. He’d probably struggle to get a start there. Think we have a have a very good chance of getting him.

Guest reefatoon
6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Hope is generally one of the more reliable journos who report on us. He doesn't get everything right, but he's pretty good.

The club itself won’t know they are going to sign 3 players for £30m. It’s ridiculously precise.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

The club itself won’t know they are going to sign 3 players for £30m. It’s ridiculously precise.

It’s surely more the bracket of player we are looking to sign, rather than the actual player.

I don't know how any journalist could have a clue about our transfer plans or budget. I doubt even the people in charge know, just stupid useless speculation from the press trying to generate clicks/attention.

21 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

He doesn't say "three for £30m" he says around the £30m range.

I'm not saying he's right, or that it's what will happen, but three players around the £30m bracket would be consistent with many of the names we have been linked with and it isn't unrealistic that we have a list of strikers, CMs and defenders who we believe would be available for around the £30m range.

21 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

"Despite his talent and ability, however, he has come under criticism in the media over his behaviour off the pitch, and has also been accused in the media of lacking professionalism, as well as having a poor attitude and a difficult character, which has led him to have conflicts with several of his managers"

Adrien Rabiot (Wikipedia)

Doubt Eddie would touch him if his attitude off the pitch is like that.

25 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

"Despite his talent and ability, however, he has come under criticism in the media over his behaviour off the pitch, and has also been accused in the media of lacking professionalism, as well as having a poor attitude and a difficult character, which has led him to have conflicts with several of his managers"

Yeah, that would rule this one instantly then. 

26 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I really don't rate Rabiot.

Unless things have changed massively for him in the last few months, he’s  been pretty poor for ages. Another overpaid, overrated player that a faltering big team would love to dump on us so they can go ahead and buy the players we should actually be targeting. 

42 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

He doesn't say "three for £30m" he says around the £30m range.

I'm not saying he's right, or that it's what will happen, but three players around the £30m bracket would be consistent with many of the names we have been linked with and it isn't unrealistic that we have a list of strikers, CMs and defenders who we believe would be available for around the £30m range.

Lodi, Henderson and Etikite probably wouldn't be far off that and I don't think we are necessarily improved alot by that. Wouldn't be surprised if we sign one or two closer to the 40/50m mark.

2 hours ago, Joey47 said:

Has he always preferred that formation or has it been one he has been forced to play due to players at his disposal? 

You could also say that for the first time ever he has a chance to buy high calibre players for a system he has always wanted to play but hasn't been able to.

I also think that Howe sticking with 4-3-3 is more likely than him reverting back to 4-4-2. 

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/eddie-howe-newcastle-bournemouth-tactics/

This article talks about how he tried to switch to a 4-3-3 in the 19/20 season but his squad didn't suit the shape and he was forced to revert to a 4-4-2.

He played it as his preferred formation during his time at Bournemouth, through multiple rebuilds of his team. 

It is the formation he mostly played to bring Bournemouth all the way to the Premier League. It's the first formation he looked to play as soon as he came in at Newcastle during his first four games.

Lets wait and see. I am pretty confident that's what he will use. It's interesting to note that he spent time observing Simeone during his time off, another manager that uses a 4-4-2 and has his team defend very well with that setup, which is the part Howe needed to improve on with his 4-4-2.

I think it's a big part of why we are looking to sign two strikers this summer, and therefore have 4 strikers going into the season.

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

Howe works tirelessly, am sure he properly scouts and vets players before agreeing to sign them :lol:

Yes, I'm talking about perception management.. It's unrelated to whether he has players scouted, which he obviously does extensively.

I'm talking about proactively avoiding the formation of cliques and disruption of chemistry. It's not to say Bruno or anyone we have would do that, but it's something a savvy manager will take into account. It's the sort of thing we've suffered from in the past e.g. 'Proper Football Players' (Shearer, Given etc.) vs. Bling Boyz (Dyer, Bramble etc.).

There's a lot of ego out there. Things look rosy at the moment, and we all want it to look rosy, but I'm sure Howe will be thinking about possible eventualities.

howe will definitley taking trippier's opinion of Lodi into account.

pretty good references if Howe, Trippier, Simone and the Brazil coach all rate him.

would still love targett too.

2 hours ago, LV said:

Targett said recently he wants to stay.

Said something along the lines of ‘everyone knows what I want but it’s up to the club’ 

Yeah. He wants first team football and there is talk of Lodi being an almost done deal. Which would suggest itherwise.

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

Accused in the media? Maybe he just doesn't like the media.