More transfer rumours

midds

2 hours ago, KaKa said:
2 hours ago, 54 said:

To be fair the deals in January where 100% the right thing to do to get us out of the situation, getting competent players with experience in the Premier League where 100% needed, it would have been a huge risk to sign 5 players who might take a period of time to adjust from around Europe.

Also the rumours you're picking are very selective, yes we're being linked with DCL, Ake and Henderson, but we've also been linked with Paqueta, Botman, Ekitike, Nunez etc.

Yeah, exactly :lol:

All the numerous foreign players we have been linked with that have been just as speculative have been completely ignored :lol:

It's Fanny. You know this is how it goes. :lol: 

The summer window is going to be worse than the January window, it will be interesting to see how many players we are linked with this time - it's already doing my head in.

My coping strategy is not to believe owt until they're having the medical but I have full confidence in the club now. I'm already buzzin with excitement and anticipation for next season, can't fucking wait :indi:

My coping strategy is we’re staying up, we’ve got a fun season to look forward to. Mike Ashley killed my interest in the transfer market a long time ago, I’ll be excited when they’re holding up a scarf or shirt. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 29, told close friends that he was willing to commit his future to Liverpool but performed a U-turn after Barcelona promised him a move to the Nou Camp next summer. (Mirror) 

Tottenham have no plans to sign Wales captain Gareth Bale for a third time as the 32-year-old winger contemplates where he will prepare for the this year's World Cup. (Telegraph) 

Senegal forward Sadio Mane, 30, has already asked Liverpool team-mate and former Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara if he can move into his house in Munich if he joins the Bundesliga champions this summer. (Mail) 

Barcelona are open to negotiating with Manchester United over the transfer of Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong, 25, to Old Trafford but the Spanish club has yet received a formal offer from United. (Sport - in Spanish) 

Netherlands manager Louis van Gaal says Dutch forward Steven Bergwijn, 24, needs to leave Tottenham and join Ajax "as soon as possible." (De Telegraaf via Evening Standard)

Spurs want a fee of 30m euros (£25.6m) in order to let Bergwijn join another club this summer. The player is also a target for Premier League rivals Everton, with Dutch champions Ajax still working on an official bid. (Fabrizio Romano) 

Wales at the World Cup

Chelsea are interested in Juventus's Dutch defender Matthijs de Ligt, 22, but Blues boss Thomas Tuchel's main defensive target is still 23-year-old Sevilla and France centre-back Jules Kounde. (talkSPORT) 

Manchester United and Bayern Munich are keen on singing Inter Milan's highly-rated Dutch right-back Denzel Dumfries, 26, this summer. (Calciomercato via Mail) 

Newcastle sporting director Dan Ashworth has reportedly made it a top priority to bring in a new right winger this summer, with Bayer Leverkusen and France international Moussa Diaby, 22, and Watford and Senegal forward Ismaila Sarr, 24, two players on the list. (Sky Sports) 

Dutch defender Sven Botman, 22, who has been linked with a move to Newcastle, says AC Milan are still working on a deal to complete his signing from Lille. (Football Italia)

English centre-back James Tomkins, 33, has reportedly signed a new one-year contract with Crystal Palace, while Scottish midfielder James McArthur, 34, is also understood to have agreed a fresh deal at Selhurst Park. (Sun) 

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Pretty sure it's been stated that Howe will have the final say, as he should, given he's the one that has to work with them and get results. Don't understand any concern with him having the final say either. Having said that, I'm sure he won't be dismissive of any feedback or suggestions from the other parties involved in scouting etc. as he's a pretty balanced guy and not some ego maniac.

image.png

He'll no doubt have insight, but I'd hope to fuck it's a data driven decision more than anything.  

15 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Ake for 50 million seems like a good deal imo.

I don’t think he’s worth that much but he’s a very good player. Not worried about his height as he’s very aggressive in the air, same height as Coloccini iirc?

What would give to have a player like that on our books again.

17 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Ake for 50 million seems like a good deal imo.

Not for 50m - no way - for me he isn’t the solid ball playing centre back we need - there’s too many errors to his game - seen him a fair few times now - don’t want him 

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

I don’t think he’s worth that much but he’s a very good player. Not worried about his height as he’s very aggressive in the air, same height as Coloccini iirc?

What would give to have a player like that on our books again.

I do worry about his height and size as I've seen him bullied by Lukaku type forwards. Strangely seems a goal threat in the air, must be good movement.

No doubt he is a decent player but I'd be concerned if Fenandiho was picked ahead of him by Pep unless there were injury issues.

27 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

I do worry about his height and size as I've seen him bullied by Lukaku type forwards. Strangely seems a goal threat in the air, must be good movement.

No doubt he is a decent player but I'd be concerned if Fenandiho was picked ahead of him by Pep unless there were injury issues.

I think Pep has always had something of a blind spot for players he trusts implicitly. Don't get me wrong, Fernandinho has been amazing for City over the years, but he has played in games out of position when he has had no right to at times this season. 

This was the journalist mentioned obviously wasn’t Haidara then. 

Was very excited when we signed Silvio Maric, hopefully this one would turn out better.

Edited by Whitley mag

Ake is aggressive in the air and he's good there. But a defensive partnership with Schar does feel too small.

I like him a lot as a player. Good on the ball. 50m does seem to much though.

I like the look of Botman too. But that's a riskier transfer. I would actually like them both as a pair but it seems we want a right footer and a left footer

42 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

That wouldn't concern me as there are 2 factors for consideration:

1. Ake was seemingly carrying an injury and Pep didn't want to risk him when he trusts Fernandinho to do everything anyway.

2. Pep hates playing left footed CB's on the right of a defence.

The big concern is that he's picked up a lot of injuries at City actually. I think that's one reason they want to sell him. He's back-up player who is often not available when the back-up is required.

I have to say. Whenever i've seen Ake play this season he's been great.

A look on the City forums and they don't want him to go. Always a good sign.

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Ake is aggressive in the air and he's good there. But a defensive partnership with Schar does feel too small.

I like him a lot as a player. Good on the ball. 50m does seem to much though.

I like the look of Botman too. But that's a riskier transfer. I would actually like them both as a pair but it seems we want a right footer and a left footer

No one throws balls into the box for big centre forwards like it used to be. I don't think height would be an issue too much.

Both can be prone to a lack of concentration on marking, so that would be the issue imo.

Edited by Bimpy474

5 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

No one throws balls into the box for big centre forwards like it used to be. I don't think height would be an issue too much.

Both can be prone to a lack of concentration on marking, so that would be the issue imo.

Still - you want some presence in there. Ake's good in the air where I don't really think Schar is.

I personally like Klopp approach to CB's. All massive fellas. I think Gomez is the shortest at 6'2. The rest are all taller. I think it's intimidating to the opposition.