More transfer rumours

midds

48 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm enthused that we're after another striker (hopefully) in addition to Ekitike. 

Me too. Thing is, if you believe the rumours getting some commitment to having a regular starting place (and that being  centrally as a striker) is what is holding up Etikite signing.  

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

DCL is decent, but for upwards of £40 million, I'd rather go for one of the slightly younger talents on the continent we've been linked with e.g. Scamacca, Gouiri, Jonathan David etc Think they are more technical, and just have a bit more to their games, and likely won't cost as much.

As I even stated earlier, if it's down to DCL at upwards of £40 million or Kean at around £25 million, even with the discipline issues, I'd go with Kean. Think he's got far more upside and is really undervalued right now.

Read this morning that Samacca is being lined-up as a replacement for Osimhen at Napoli (who seems certain to be off somewhere… please oh please oh please let it be us). 

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

DCL makes little sense as Wilson is a much better CF. Is it not his agent trying to get him a new contract?

Honestly, I think it is Everton trying to generate some interest in both he and Richarlison.

With the Russia issue and therefore Usmanov gone, think they will have nothing to spend, unless they shift those two, so Frank can build his own team.

Just now, KaKa said:

Honestly, I think it is Everton trying to generate some interest in both he and Richarlison.

With the Russia issue and therefore Usmanov gone, think they will have nothing to spend, unless they shift those two, so Frank can build his own team.

:lol: genuinely can't wait to see what that looks like. biggest fraud going ol' Lamps.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Find the DCL thing weird.

He's had 1 bad year of injuries. Shearer did his ACL, ankle and had other injuries that meant he had 3/4 seasons of less than 30 PL appearances.

DCL hardly has a Sturridge like injury record

It's not just the injuries, think people just don't really fancy his game. Especially not for the prices being quoted.

If he was going into the last year of his contract and was available for £20 million or something like that, then yeah, okay. At £40million + though, no thanks.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Both 100% fit, Wilson is the better striker for me personally. Everyday of the week.

Totally agree with this I thought Wilsons performance against Arsenal at home last season was one of the best I have seen from a center forward at Newcastle for years 

Just now, KaKa said:

It's not just the injuries, think people just don't really fancy his game. Especially not for the prices being quoted.

If he was going into the last year of his contract and was available for £20 million or something like that, then yeah, okay. At £40million + though, no thanks.

I think he would be an excellent signing if fit. He's athletic, good in the air and a decent finisher.

If not Jesus or Abraham, I would have him in the team for sure.

2 minutes ago, Big River said:

:lol: genuinely can't wait to see what that looks like. biggest fraud going ol' Lamps.

Thing is though, there are some decent players out there, and if they generate some funds he could fluke it, which would be super annoying. But agree it's going to be really interesting!

Against us, DCL made a nuisance of himself and probably turned the game where we really should have won. He doesn’t have the pace of Wilson but he’s definitely more mobile than Wood, probably as good as him in the air too.

Unless we sign a controlling defensive midfielder this summer, I can’t see our style of play changing that much and that’s how I can’t really see a player like that fitting in.

Callum Wilson is perfect if he can stay fit. When he returned at the end of the season we looked a different animal up front, if ASM, Almiron etc can learn to either pass more wisely or not hang on to the ball too long, I could honestly see Wilson break 20 goals and that England conversation will start again, he’s better than DCL..

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Totally agree with this I thought Wilsons performance against Arsenal at home last season was one of the best I have seen from a center forward at Newcastle for years 

Yeah man, love Wilson's presence on the pitch so much more, and he just makes defenders lives so much more difficult in general, and is very savvy. DCL is more of a threat in the air, and that's it really.

13 minutes ago, Ben said:

Both of the last two games he demonstrated how much he can offer this team. He took us to the next level in those games. His mentality is spot on, and if we manage his condition he could well be available for the whole season.

I know we were after a lot of big name forwards in Jan, and we might have continued our search if he'd been anything less in those two games. I just wonder if his performances have made it less of a priority.

I do think with Wood and an Ekitike type we'll be pretty well covered, can't be afraid of starting Ekitike.

I quite like DCL but £50m seems mental for a player who’s had arguably 2 good seasons. 

I know you can’t compare these things but Sterling is available for around the £35-40m mark and is a world class player under any description. 

Basically us signing DCL for £50m is the exact sort of transfer Everton have shackled themselves with because of ffp. 

34 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I think he would be an excellent signing if fit. He's athletic, good in the air and a decent finisher.

If not Jesus or Abraham, I would have him in the team for sure.

Imagine getting both, would be absolutely biblical. 

Anything close to £50m is absolutely mental. Even at £30m I think it's questionable. He's a good finisher with really good movement and he's had a couple of nice goal-scoring spells. I think with the right players around, e.g. pace, so that he can make runs through the middle he will continue to get goals. I think Howe could get a decent return out of him but I'm sure we could sign a more complete player from the continent

The players we've been linked to have loads of potential to be hounded out:

Botman - doesn't want to be here, his heart isn't in it;

Lingard - likes to dance and that;

Ekitike - soft French lad who wants to sign for PSG;

DCL - doesn't wear jeans and a t-shirt.

Could be tasty if they sign and don't hit the ground running.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Lingard’s not getting linked anymore is he?

He's not, but let's not let it get in the way of someone's fan bashing.