More transfer rumours

midds

20 minutes ago, STM said:

Cringey as fuck how quick people are to say "fuck them, move on". Firstly because we don't know which parts of the media reporting are true and secondly, even if x player hasn't made his mind up yet, why should we rush them and potentially put them off the move?

We aren't trying to sign these lads because they might be good in August, we are trying to sign them because they could potentially send us into a new era of success over the length of their contracts.

What if Botman turns out as good as Van Dijk? Is he worth waiting until August 31st or whatever the deadline is?

Just calm the fuck down, go and have a beer or whatever and let Ashworth (who is an absolute boss at this stuff) get on with his job.

It’s “if the takeover isn’t done in the next two weeks, we need to fuck it off” all over again.

Imagine if our owners sacked off a key transfer target, who they'd been chasing for over six months, because "Toon_Army_69" on Twitter was bored of us chasing a player that the media had inaccurately reported didn't want to join us.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Imagine if our owners sacked off a key transfer target, who they'd been chasing for over six months, because "Toon_Army_69" on Twitter was bored of us chasing a player that the media had inaccurately reported didn't want to join us.

:lol:

Tagging the owners man :facepalm:

20 minutes ago, gdm said:

No you got laughed at for suggesting we could beat Man City to Phillips and Barca or Spurs to Raphinha there is a massive difference 

Phillips was keen on joining us before the City interest. Barca still can't yet the money together together raphinha. Hardly laughable when we are signing England full backs and Brazilian internationals

I agree with the notion that Ekitike on his own is probably not quite enough to feel really good about our options up front. One more whose best position is left side of a front three but who also can play centrally if required would be ideal.

Ekitike seems like he'd benefit from mostly being used as an impact sub for a year or two until he's filled out a bit. Assuming we see his long term position as a CF.

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

Phillips was keen on joining us before the City interest. Barca still can't yet the money together together raphinha. Hardly laughable when we are signing England full backs and Brazilian internationals

There is absolutely no proof of that. Other than a couple of dubious reports. Most press were saying he was happy to stay at Leeds and even if he was interested before the city interest the question is, is he interested after the city interest? Because as soon as we bid City would have bid which makes your point if it’s even true completely irrelevant 

Raphinha has better than us after him at present that’s just the way it is at the moment. Of course we should be aiming high but the two players you had a strop about are out of our reach at the moment that’s just being realistic 

Edited by gdm

24 minutes ago, gdm said:

There is absolutely no proof of that. Other than a couple of dubious reports. Most press were saying he was happy to stay at Leeds and even if he was interested before the city interest the question is, is he interested after the city interest? Because as soon as we bid City would have bid which makes your point if it’s even true completely irrelevant 

Raphinha has better than us after him at present that’s just the way it is at the moment. Of course we should be aiming high but the two players you had a strop about are out of our reach at the moment that’s just being realistic 

Hardly had a strop. Just stating Raphinha and Kalvin Phillips could quite easily have been on our radar

1 hour ago, Klaus said:

Agreed but I can't see it. We only play with 1 striker as it is, unless we get a cheeky bid for Chris Wood from a championship team.

Would think Gayle will be sold which would open a slot

1 hour ago, STM said:

Cringey as fuck how quick people are to say "fuck them, move on". Firstly because we don't know which parts of the media reporting are true and secondly, even if x player hasn't made his mind up yet, why should we rush them and potentially put them off the move?

We were after and linked with Les Ferdinand for 2 1/2 years,  after 1/2 a year and with the internet we'd have fucked him off and signed Chris Armstrong instead and everyone loses.

Edited by Wolfcastle

2 hours ago, Rich said:

That'd leave us with the old "on paper" strongest XI of:

Pope

Trippier Schar Botman Targett

Joelinton Guimarães

Saint-Maximin Paqueta Danjuma

Wilson

I'm not sure why you've got ASM on the right there, you're taking away his main threat, namely cutting in off the left on his right foot.

I'd rather see another RW come in and although I'd obviously love Paqueta if he's going to be £50m+ then I think we're better off investing that in a striker. Basically it feels like the drop off from Wilson to Wood would be more damaging than having Shelvey/Longstaff/Willock over Paqueta. 

On 16/06/2022 at 07:18, relámpago blanco said:

We signed Targett the following day

:lol: And the one-word post was so vague, it could be linked to almost anything. He must absolutely piss himself at you lot like, I know I do.

Still no other medical(s) from his post last week, where he was slightly more brave with a prediction. Although I’m sure if we next sign someone in August the lettuces on here could tenuously link it to that post.

2 hours ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Folk need to calm the fuck down. Mid table is a significant improvement than hanging on by the fingertips. It’ll take time to convince players that we’re worth the risk. If the French lad and Botman are fannying about, fuck them. Move on. I’d rather have Toney anyway 

I'm here. I don't want players that don't want to be here. And, more importantly, I trust the set up now to get the players we need, then coach them as a unit. People have short memories it seems.

Trust the process - it beats taking Kuqi on loan!

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Big assumption, but if we were to get Pope, Botman, and Ekitike in addition to Targett...

a] Would we need to sign one, two, three, or more players?
b] Which position(s) would you prioritise?
c] What level of signing (examples encouraged) would we need to make in that position/those position(s)?

...for you to be a 10/10 for satisfaction with our summer business?

For me:

GK: Pope
CB: Botman
LB: Targett
AM: Paqueta
LW/ST: Ekitike
LW/ST: Danjuma

I know I'm a greedy fuck, but this would be it for me from the players we've been linked with more than once. If there were only two more coming they'd need to be Bruno level.

I don't think that's being greedy at all. If we got our two major targets who I consider to be Ekiteke and Botman, that would be significant improvement. Pope and Targett are good solid additions. Anything on top of that is gravy as far as I'm concerned.

Now it doesn't have to be Botman and Ekiteke, but if we are moving down the list then I want to see similar potential, or players who are maybe older but can do the job better right now. 

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

Bizarre post like, I’d get it if you were complaining about links to Burnley players but the fact that Milan, PSG and Dortmund are after these players should be enough to convince anyone that proper scouts rate them. Dortmund have a fantastic track record

Some were saying the same about Nunez. Until Liverpool bought him that is [emoji38]

Have we been linked with Gabriel Jesus? I see Arsenal want him for £30m but City want £50m. Wished we could take a chance on him to be honest. 

Edited by nufcjb

14 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Have we been linked with Gabriel Jesus? I see Arsenal want him for £30m but City want £50m. Wished we could take a chance on him to be honest. 

Nah he's out of our league. Can't compete with Arsenal

53 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I’ve seen a fair bit of Jesus (kids are City fans/live in Manchester) and genuinely think he would score significantly more in a team which relied more upon him.  Also think he’d enjoy his football more because of it (despite his medal collecting hobby falling off a cliff).