More transfer rumours

midds

18 minutes ago, Flip said:

Now that we've closed the Botman deal, there's one thing and one thing only the club has to do. Go get Raphinha. If we get Raphinha I could even live with having Wood as 2nd striker until January and Shelvey, Willock, Bruno, Longstaff and Joe as central midfielders. 

I see Gabigol is being linked quite strongly with us again. Looks like he wants to join.

What's the deal with him, do you rate him? Also, can he play as a wide forward on the right, or strictly as a striker? What position do you think would suit him best in the Premier League?

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I see Gabigol is being linked quite strongly with us again. Looks like he wants to join.

What's the deal with him, do you rate him? Also, can he play as a wide forward on the right, or strictly as a striker? What position do you think would suit him best in the Premier League?

Where?

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Who the frig is Dean Jones? Anywhere else other than Give Me Sport? :lol:

I don't know man :lol:

Seemed a reasonable link as we were linked wit him loads in January. Looks like his people are offering him around, and we are a priority, if Dean Jones is legit :D

42 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not a fan at all tbh. Scores goals, but think he's the shit when he's not. Depends a lot on service and doesn't work hard enough. Was more of a winger, but has become more of a poacher in the last few years. He clearly has some talents, but his attitude is piss poor and he's no Romario. 

I'd rather go all in on Raphinha or Paquet, with a slight preference to the Raph as he has PL experience and just excites me more. 

8 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Mitro [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Broja at 20 is already better than Mitro ever has been in the PL.

Mitro scored 9 in 34 in his first PL season at 21, in a worse side than Broja at 21 who scored 6 in 32 at better and more attacking Southampton.

Lingard's an unnecessary gamble at this point imo. We don't have a CAM like him but which of our other five CMs miss out to accommodate? Meanwhile we'd be better served buying an out-and-out right-winger.

I wouldn't hate the signing cos I've always liked him; he's a good player and we need more goals but can't help but feel like we can find a better fit and someone on the way up.  

49 minutes ago, Flip said:

Not a fan at all tbh. Scores goals, but think he's the shit when he's not. Depends a lot on service and doesn't work hard enough. Was more of a winger, but has become more of a poacher in the last few years. He clearly has some talents, but his attitude is piss poor and he's no Romario. 

I'd rather go all in on Raphinha or Paquet, with a slight preference to the Raph as he has PL experience and just excites me more. 

Cool man, cheers :thup:

Be interesting to see if he gets a move back over to Europe and where he ends up.

Unfortunately, I think there's far too much interest in Raphinha now, and so his price has sky rocketed.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Lingard's an unnecessary gamble at this point imo. We don't have a CAM like him but which of our other five CMs miss out to accommodate? Meanwhile we'd be better served buying an out-and-out right-winger.

I wouldn't hate the signing cos I've always liked him; he's a good player and we need more goals but can't help but feel like we can find a better fit and someone on the way up.  

He's a slightly better version of Almiron. Both prefer to play in attacking mid, they're both decent at carrying the ball and both ineffective out wide. Lingard's end product is better, but like Miggy he'd be a square peg in a round hole.