More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Only one team has Eddie Howe though wouldn't swap him for anyone else in the league.

I can’t tell when you are trolling but it’s amusing anyway like 

Up front is priority. But IF we are really ambitious then a CM must be signed, no two ways about it imo! I think we will get one too.

Getting a quality CM can be a major difference next season.

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

No way we sign 4 more players from here this summer, even with a loan in there. 2 or 3 at most now depending on outgoings and registration issues imo.

I think 3 but they will be class and improve us massively, expecting a new centre forward, right winger and midfielder. Think of the difference one top quality player in Bruno made, we've already added class to the defence with Botman. We're gonna shake up the league.

Edited by WillingtonMag

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Take Bruno out of that midfield and its bottom half fodder at best.

Of course it is, In fact even with Bruno it's mid table level at best. To me (I know some don't agree), adding a quality centre midfielder is an absolute must

I can’t tell when you are trolling but it’s amusing anyway like 

I honestly wouldn't not trolling at all, obviously think Pep and Klopp are better managers but don't think they are a better fit for Newcastle. I wouldn't swap him for anyone and by the end of this season neither will anyone else.

6 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Only one team has Eddie Howe though wouldn't swap him for anyone else in the league.

Nor I. It's a funny one with him and how the season panned out. I'm very much on the side of the so called "dead wood", including Mr Wood himself, in as much as Eddie got them all turned around. People can, and do, argue till the cows come home about each players contributions but it worked. 

Goes without saying (but I will anyway) that their individual improvements may not be sustainable but I totally trust him to know what to do. Add the new players and on we go.

edited ps.  agree about Pep and Klopp. 

Edited by Groundhog63

3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

I think 3 but they will be class and improve us massively, expecting a new centre forward, right winger and midfielder. Think of the difference one top quality player in Bruno made, we've already added class to the defence with Botman. We're gonna shake up the league.

I think you will be disappointed then, imo we will likely spend on a RW, striker will probably be a loan and no guarantee we sign a CM at all but I think it’s possible if the right deal is there. The only real instant difference making quality will be the RW though, less so in the striker (2nd/3rd choice) and CM.

Edited by Nine

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

Nor I. It's a funny one with him and how the season panned out. I'm very much on the side of the so called "dead wood", including Mr Wood himself, in as much as Eddie got them all turned around. People can, and do, argue till the cows come home about each players contributions but it worked. 

Goes without saying (but I will anyway) that their individual improvements may not be sustainable but I totally trust him to know what to do. Add the new players and on we go.

Honestly think he's got the Keegan effect of making players believe and perform better than they are. I was more impressed with what he done with the team with the big names missing tbh. A lot are forgetting we done it with out Trippier and Wilson for most of the back half of the season. Even having Targett and Trippier starting in the same team will be massive man with a centre forward who can actually move.

I think you will be disappointed then, imo we will likely spend on a RW, striker will probably be a loan and no guarantee we sign a CM at all but I think it’s possible if the right deal is there. The only real instant difference making quality will be the RW though, less so in the striker (2nd/3rd choice) and CM.

Maybe you're right but I listened to every Howe pre game press conference last season and he spoke so many times about us needing to add more goals from open play, we haven't done anything to address that yet really. I think the Botman and Targett deals only got done first because we'd already had negotiations in January and took the opportunity for Pope. I still think our priority positions are a forward and right winger.

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Honestly think he's got the Keegan effect of making players believe and perform better than they are. I was more impressed with what he done with the team with the big names missing tbh. A lot are forgetting we done it with out Trippier and Wilson for most of the back half of the season. Even having Targett and Trippier starting in the same team will be massive man with a centre forward who can actually move.

Absolutely. I cringe at some of the patter about some of the squad. Especially given most of them will still be in it come August. Mind it's a struggle not to sit here and watch all those videos from the latter half of the season, the players interviews etc etc and not get carried away. You can totally see how and why the players are buzzing. Insane transformation in such a short space of time.

20 minutes ago, McCormick said:

You’d definitely get more value for money with the former but spending 50m plus for a highly rated, shiny new foreign player- a virgin to these shores-would be sexier imo. Not to mention it being a bigger statement of intent if nothing else.

Diaby would be crazy but i really like Sarr. His numbers are not great but i think he would do a very good job in this side. 

Diaby would be a ridiculous signing, but he's certainly not worth some of the prices being quoted. 

He's rapid, decent close control and can finish with both feet, but he's still really raw with things like decision making and positional awareness. You're paying for mad potential though.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Diaby would be a ridiculous signing, but he's certainly not worth some of the prices being quoted. 

He's rapid, decent close control and can finish with both feet, but he's still really raw with things like decision making and positional awareness. You're paying for mad potential though.

I think we'll make a big statement signing, got to remember the statements of the owners when they took over about wanting us to compete at the top. If that's what they want to do then they'll have to make statement signings to do it, even to keep up with Spurs now is going to take more investment than what we've made so far. Know its early days like but more you fall behind harder it is to catch these teams back up.

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

I think we'll make a big statement signing, got to remember the statements of the owners when they took over about wanting us to compete at the top. If that's what they want to do then they'll have to make statement signings to do it, even to keep up with Spurs now is going to take more investment than what we've made so far. Know its early days like but more you fall behind harder it is to catch these teams back up.

Has to balanced out with sensible, realistic signings though. You don’t just spend on players to make a ‘statement’ unless they are what the manager wants, Targett and Burn improved us immensely in Jan and they were low fee signings that proved to be right choice. Thankfully our owners seem to have adopted the right approach and arnt just  throwing money around like Everton did, I’d rather the manager got who and what he wants for reasonable money that lines up with the point we are at financially than do the former. The squad needs steady growth over a couple of seasons, wage structure will slowly advance with that as we get new sponsorships in place that will allow to push our FFP limit further and further and then and only then we will see the big, marquee signings happen. 

21 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Yeah. Seen him play a few times and, while he looks direct and exciting, there’s nothing to suggest he’s a 50m pound player. Very raw. I don’t think there’s that much between him and Sarr currently; remember Sarr was being talked about in the same way Diaby is now, before his move to Watford. Would say though Diaby has the higher ceiling, in theory.

11 minutes ago, Nine said:

Has to balanced out with sensible, realistic signings though. You don’t just spend on players to make a ‘statement’ unless they are what the manager wants, Targett and Burn improved us immensely in Jan and they were low fee signings that proved to be right choice. Thankfully our owners seem to have adopted the right approach and arnt just  throwing money around like Everton did, I’d rather the manager got who and what he wants for reasonable money that lines up with the point we are at financially than do the former. The squad needs steady growth over a couple of seasons, wage structure will slowly advance with that as we get new sponsorships in place that will allow to push our FFP limit further and further and then and only then we will see the big, marquee signings happen. 

I didn't mean making a statement for statements sake we are or maybe should be after a good right winger or centre forward if we get a quality player in one of or both of those positions it's likely gonna take a big fee which will have everyone stand up and take notice and have the whole city/club jumping even more and add to the belief for the coming season. If we can get bargains like Trippier and Burn great but think it's harder in the positions we're looking at now.

54 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

I think our advantage is going to be how consistent we will be in the transfer windows. I doubt we have a single boring window for a while, every time we will improve while this won't be the case for most even some big clubs.

1 hour ago, kingxlnc said:

Looking at it logically, Man City, Liverpool are top 2. 

I think Spurs under Conte are going to challenge, he is formidable. 

Chelsea I'm unsure about under new owners but I rate Tuchel highly plus a strong base set of players. 

Man U will have a better season, plus Sancho and VDB are like new signings

Top 6 could be doable, Arsenal are an unknown entity as of yet, they still seem too soft. So could definitely challenge for top 6 for sure. 

[emoji38]

While the jury is obviously out we saw improvement from Willock, Longstaff and Shelvey by seasons end. You can see why Howe is optimistic he can use all three. He did however talk about having to be ruthless. If we have the room and budget, replacing one of those with a quality CM should still happen. We need that RW and Striker though first. January seems more realistic. 

Jan/next summer: CM, RCB, another striker, Trippiers successor. Potential 2nd LB if Lewis doesn't improve. Wing improvements.