More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Koulibaly has rejected Napoli’s contract offer.. would be available cheap enough but with massive wages I guess.. we should be all over that, be the perfect partner for Botman.

He's obviously a great player but at 31 for how much longer

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

3 years.. we’d have possibly the best defence in all of Europe. He’ll probably end up at Bayern or maybe Chelsea.. but for now I can dream.

Eh, even signing him we wouldn't even have the best defence in this league. 

Wow. Have the people who cant see a role for Paqueta actually seen him play? 

I think he could do just fine in a midfield 3. He is deceptively strong on the ball, and great at holding/protecting. 

Can very quickly turn defense into attack, almost Frenkie esque

Dont let all the brazilian tricks fool you

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

But can he do it on a cold Wednesday night..... in central midfield in the PL?

Unless you dominate the ball entirely.. i'll say it..... I think you need more physical players in that midfield 3.

If we were to play with a 10 he looks perfect.

This feels like bait

You need to watch him first. 

He is strong defensively. Very good at pressing. 

For those who havent watched him, there are some good articles around. Let me try find them.
Here is first -> Player Analysis: Lucas Paquetà – Breaking The Lines

edit:

Another article: Lucas Paqueta for Brazil 2021 - scout report (totalfootballanalysis.com)

Edited by arnonel

I'm just looking on whoscored and it suggests he's played mostly as a 10. A few times upfront. Then a few in central midfield. And a few on the right.

That doesn't strike me as someone who will come to the PL and play in a midfield 3 for a team who don't have the ball most of the time (currently).

A round circle for a round hole feels like having him at 10 but that's not how we play.

He looks a talent. If he could come and play RCM I would love it. He's clearly immensely taelnted.

Watching that video... oh man, I was happy to wait until Jan or next summer but now I want him in the starting XI immediately, him and Bruno's understanding would dominate and carve through teams! 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m not convinced we have a role in mind for Paqueta at all. 

He's played as #10, RCM, RW, CF (False 9-ish) for Lyon. He's easily slotting into the role Willock played when Bruno was at the base. 

If we were to play 4-2-3-1, couldn't he be the 1 in the middle of the 3, alongside ASM and Diaby? Joe and Bruno behind him, one breaking up play, the other progressing and passing through the middle. 

We need end product on RW at the end of the day, someone capable of putting in a shift on both ends of the pitch - the obssesion with athleticism and pace is moot if we're running up blind alleys on both wings. 

22 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I'm just looking on whoscored and it suggests he's played mostly as a 10. A few times upfront. Then a few in central midfield. And a few on the right.

So you havent watched him

Also, attacking midfield is not the same as no.10

Heat map here: Lucas Paquetá Olympique Lyonnais videos, transfer history and stats - SofaScore

Edit:

p.s.

The last 3 games for his club he played in a midfield 3 #JustSayin

Edited by arnonel