More transfer rumours

midds

If they think they can get him for 25m, I think that's a fair investment. Once you start talking 30 you think of how much we paid for Botman and Bruno.

Also Leeds signed a right footed left winger right?

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Can someone explain to me how a loan with obligation to buy circumvents FFP?

Think it just kicks the can a further 12 months when it comes to the rolling 5 years spend that you're allowed. The obvious example was PSG with Mbappe so they could get him the same summer as Neymar without falling foul of FFP.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Can someone explain to me how a loan with obligation to buy circumvents FFP?

The transfer only occurs when the obligation kicks in, so it won’t count towards FFP whilst we are currently under small sponsorship levels. The idea being, that the transfer occurs in a years time when we (hopefully) have bigger sponsorship and income so the figure is a smaller percentage. 

19 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

sorry but if you buy at 30 and sell at 15 you’ve made a loss.

it may be an acceptable loss but it’s a loss

The only type of loss we care about is in relation to FPP. With amortisation we could sell for less in a few years time and break even as far as FPP is concerned. Our owners don’t care about losing 10 million quid on player over 2 or 3 years.

Edited by BoSelecta

I wouldnt go the route of going for Harrison. However, I definitely wouldn’t be against it and I can see why. First of all his output is pretty good in terms of goals and assists. Add that to his energy, pressing and it’s a player that would add a lot to a team, especially over a season. For example, quite many wingers/wide forwards go from being absolutely brilliant and entertaining and then to a pretty low standard the next game. Inconsistency is common amongst these type of players, and one thing that you don’t see often with flair/wide players it’s their off the ball work, energy, pressing (in a good way). At least not consistently. I’m not saying that Harrison doesn’t have bad games, but when he does he definitely offers something else for the team, as in so called effort. And that can’t be underestimated imho, especially over a season and the extra points it will add up to. One name that comes to mind, even if not the same type of player, that is Dirk Kuyt. Effective even if not elegant  like art. 

2 hours ago, reefatoon said:

If Howe feels he’s a next step player and wants to bring him in, that’s good enough for me.

Don't understand this approach.

I get the whole we back Eddie and the team but part of being a supporter or following football in general is to be able to form your own opinion, surely?

2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Don't understand this approach.

I get the whole we back Eddie and the team but part of being a supporter or following football in general is to be able to form your own opinion, surely?

Yes and his opinion is that he backs Eddie's decision making. Sometimes it's wiser to trust those who know better.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Yes and his opinion is that he backs Eddie's decision making. Sometimes it's wiser to trust those who know better.

That's not an opinion and somewhere along the line Howe will sign a dud, all managers do.

If Eddie set us up against Forest with a fully fit Bruno, Joelinton and Wilson on the bench no supporter would be championing "I back Eddie, it's a good line up". We'd all be asking questions.

58 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I don’t agree. I was really disappointed when we sold him. Can’t even recall the manager? Probs FSA? 

It was SBR who brought him here, and then Souness came in and declared something along the lines of " You'll not win anything with the likes of Milner and Ambrose in your side".

You obviously weren't on these forums when he was here, Milner used to get pelters from a lot of fans. Everyone remembers differently in hindsight.