More transfer rumours

midds

30 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Regarding our transfer policy, I’d argue out biggest problem is that we aren’t a very attractive proposition yet. It will take a few years of sustained succes (read: European football at a minimum) to become a destination the players who will want to play at that level consider us interesting enough to pressure their club into allowing them to speak to us. All we represent today is moneybags and a history for being a bit of a players’ career graveyard, which if we’re not careful will attract exactly the wrong type of player. In any case our facilities are still laughable and any top player will turn us down until we have more solid foundations in place. FFP also dictates that our build has to be a slow and sustainable one. Our owners can’t just go around splashing billions to make us CL win contenders overnight.

i have full faith in them to do the right thing and so far they have absolutely earned out faith by setting out a clear policy, getting the right people in place and planning for the future. It will take time to rebuild this club after more than a decade of willful neglect. Let’s treasure every moment and not act like spoiled bairns who need another new toy every other week.

Players like Ekitike and Sesko will have been in nappies last time we were in the Champions League. They may be blissfully unaware of Keegan, Bobby, Shearer and everything that went before.

Under Mike Ashley we've been a predominantly a bottom half team, with one European appearance and two relegation in 14 miserable year. That's what a lot of younger foreign players will remember.

It's incredibly sad how far out stock has fallen and it'll take a number of years to repair that.

28 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

I don’t agree with the whole “we aren’t attractive” narrative. We can clearly sell them a bright future now whereas before we couldn’t, we’ve got a huge stadium and also a a passionate fan base unlike any other in the league. I’d argue that we are a more attractive option than say Aston Villa and they’ve done alright with the calibre of play they are signing. 

Aston Villa is not an attractive proposition for players who want to play at CL level either, far from it.

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

But then sometimes if the player is not significantly better then what we have, I don’t think we should go for him for the sake of slight improvement. We already paid 25m for Wood which a lot of people here already wanted out. I personally rather not signing Harrison due to similar reason. Yea Murphy Almiron aren’t good enough but is Harrison really much better, or we need to sign someone to replace him again next season and wasted another 30m?

Get what you're saying, but Harrison is loads better than our current winger options.

1 minute ago, Bompeter said:

Would be surprised if we managed to hold on to Bruno after January unless something drastically changes between now and the end of the window.

Why?

I'm really not sure why people are believing all these reports that we're exasperated by prices and surprised by them, or that we're waiting for clubs to go bust to pick up players on a free.

There's no substance to any of it. Most of these journalists have to write something and because things are quiet that's the easiest route to go down. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I'm really not sure why people are believing all these reports that we're exasperated by prices and surprised by them, or that we're waiting for clubs to go bust to pick up players on a free.

There's no substance to any of it. Most of these journalists have to write something and because things are quiet that's the easiest route to go down. 

This is the transfer rumour thread though so what else is there to discuss in here other than the transfer rumours that are reported ? 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This is the transfer rumour thread though so what else is there to discuss in here other than the transfer rumours that are reported ? 

I guess that's why Kaka used the word "believing" rather than "discussing"

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Again, another good point. It’s well documented that the owners are keen to put a narrative out there that we won’t splurge so that we don’t need overpay, and it’s also pretty clear the journos are getting very little info.

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I’d be angry and frustrated too if 60m is the new 30m. 

I know we are hamstrung by FFP at the minute 

but the last thing Saudis worry about is money 

So if there is a way of getting money into the club they will (when they can)

blowing £80m on numerous players in the future will not be an issue 

They have billions upon billions !!

Might just take longer than we hoped / thought 

Look at the money they have thrown at the golf , it’s beyond ridiculous 

15 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

No way was he worse than Fumaca! Cacapa actually started off decent for us before that performance v Pompey.

That performance is what stands out for me which is why I think of him as the worst :lol: Admittedly I never saw Fumaca play 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We should just believe the positive stories instead 

It's been in the public domain for some time that we feel fees for certain players are well above market value. It's just a rehash of that.

Just now, gbandit said:

If that Sekou Mara info is correct then we‘ve messed up and need to be less dogmatic about our approach 

That story is full on spin mode. Any rational actor would want to stall to see if they can get a better price.