More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

Why are we not just singing Origi from Liverpool. It’s such an easy transfer because he wants to stay one England, his contract runs out, he wants game time and we are not rivalling Liverpool in the league. The guy is actually quite a good player and always does well in the few chances he gets for Liverpool 

Because they want to keep him as back-up for the rest of the season, even if that means him leaving on a free at the end of it.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d personally go all out for Martial on a loan deal, we may of course already tired and failed but I think he would be perfect.

I can't see any of the big 6 loaning or selling us players. They want us to go down, they're not going to help us in any way. We need to be looking abroad.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He would blow our proposed wage structure to pieces.

If we weren’t willing to pay for Digne, we won’t be for him either.

What makes you think our wage structure is going to be set low enough to prevent us making big signings? With Digne and Martial the problem seems to be location not money.

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Same here. I think he would thrive being the main man here 

I also think he would thrive being the main man here. Similar to Aubameyang for example I think these guys work better being the main man.

Unfortunately I feel like Coutinho will also thrive at Villa for the same reason, Especially being managed by gerrard who he already has a relationship with. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

What makes you think our wage structure is going to be set low enough to prevent us making big signings? With Digne and Martial the problem seems to be location not money.

It was reported Howe didn’t think we should be paying anyone over £100k a week to keep the squad harmonious.

Digne was reportedly asking for £200k and Martial will never come that cheap on his Man Utd wages.

A 19-year-old in his first run of scoring form, from a foreign league, is just asking for trouble IMHO. If he doesn't burst out of the blocks, the crowd will get restless and his confidence will be gone, never to return. 

6 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I can't see any of the big 6 loaning or selling us players. They want us to go down, they're not going to help us in any way. We need to be looking abroad.

I don’t think they care to be honest and would take our money 

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It was reported Howe didn’t think we should be paying anyone over £100k a week to keep the squad harmonious.

Digne was reportedly asking for £200k and Martial will never come that cheap on his Man Utd wages.

Not quite. Hope mentioned that Howe wanted a 'sensible wage structure'. He then said Trippier was on less than 100K a week.

At this point I’d be happy to get pascal gross on a 18 month deal. His contract expires in the summer cant see him

costing more than £5m and think he improves anything we currently have. Not a glamorous signing by any means but think he’d improve our midfield. I’d be tempted to pay them £60m for him and Bissouma (if he didn’t have his off fields issues going on in the background). 

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not quite. Hope mentioned that Howe wanted a 'sensible wage structure'. He then said Trippier was on less than 100K a week.

Fair enough, I misread it slightly.

Still suggests that Digne “just won’t happen” at £200k so that rules out people like Martial.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I don’t think they care to be honest and would take our money 

There's absolutely no indication that the don't care, and numerous indications that they very much do (such as public complaints about our takeover being allowed, calling an emergency meeting to discuss it, changing the PL's rules to stop us from getting big sponsorship deals).

It would make absolutely zero sense for them, faced with the very likely prospect of us being relegated and solving those issues, to help us avoid that in any way. In fact, it's much more likely that they would want to make us think that they are willing to sell or loan to us just to waste our time.

Edited by Jackie Broon

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Fair enough, I misread it slightly.

Still suggests that Digne “just won’t happen” at £200k so that rules out people like Martial.

I honestly find it hard to believe that Villa are going to pay Digne £200k a week, he can demand whatever he likes. I also think if Martial showed interest in coming here on loan, we'd do the deal. Just a hunch though. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I honestly find it hard to believe that Villa are going to pay Digne £200k a week, he can demand whatever he likes. I also think if Martial showed interest in coming here on loan, we'd do the deal. Just a hunch though. 

They aren’t according to the bbc, the deal is nowhere near advanced as sky suggested.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

They aren’t according to the bbc, the deal is nowhere near advanced as sky suggested.

Yeah it made no sense tbh. He'll need to lower his wage demands or stay at Everton. 

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He would be killing it right now with this budget.

part of me thinks he was cutting edge at the time but others have caught up. But that’s pure baseless speculation. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

part of me thinks he was cutting edge at the time but others have caught up. But that’s pure baseless speculation. 

To me asking for £200k a week is an attempt tp put us off and its working.  If he sgns for Villa it will be for far less!!!

Just now, Ankles Bennett said:

To me asking for £200k a week is an attempt tp put us off and its working.  If he sgns for Villa it will be for far less!!!

Or he might be putting them off as well. Supposedly he wants to be in London, maybe he'd take less if West Ham or Spurs came in.