More transfer rumours

midds

45 minutes ago, Emotic said:

A 19-year-old in his first run of scoring form, from a foreign league, is just asking for trouble IMHO. If he doesn't burst out of the blocks, the crowd will get restless and his confidence will be gone, never to return. 

Known in the trade as “JonDahlTomassoning”

Just now, Holmesy said:

When someone mentioned Tottenham players earlier, he's the one player that sprung to mind. 

I was wondering which Spurs players I'd actually want, and there weren't too many of them tbh. Bergwijn seems to have done very little after his fantastic debut goal. 

34 minutes ago, TRon said:

I honestly find it hard to believe that Villa are going to pay Digne £200k a week, he can demand whatever he likes. I also think if Martial showed interest in coming here on loan, we'd do the deal. Just a hunch though. 

Digne has around 110k at everton today, so why double it?

Just now, TRon said:

I was wondering which Spurs players I'd actually want, and there weren't too many of them tbh. Bergwijn seems to have done very little after his fantastic debut goal. 

They've had 2 new managers since he was signed though and maybe their systems just don't suit him. I really don't think there's anyone else in the Spurs squad worth pursuing - Ndombele? Lo Celso? Who's the inconsistent Rabona guy? Is he even still there?

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

They've had 2 new managers since he was signed though and maybe their systems just don't suit him. I really don't think there's anyone else in the Spurs squad worth pursuing - Ndombele? Lo Celso? Who's the inconsistent Rabona guy? Is he even still there?

Erik Lamela? Spurs swapped him for Gil last July, with Sevilla.

Just now, Manxst said:

Erik Lamela? Spurs swapped him for Gil last July, with Sevilla.

Yeah, that's him. Spurs are terrible in the transfer market. Getting rid of Lamela was a good move but has Gil ever even played for them?

43 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Fair enough, I misread it slightly.

Still suggests that Digne “just won’t happen” at £200k so that rules out people like Martial.

If Howe is saying this then that’s really annoying. 

Yeah, let’s put more hurdles in the way of truly transformational signings coming through the door so that our current crop of no-hopers don’t feel bad. Absurd.

Now linked with Hugo Ekitike from Reims.

He's only 19yrs old and has scored 8 goals in 17 games this season.

Understandable to look at younger players but it would be a big risk. That's a young age to move to a bigger league in a foreign country and be expected to hit the ground running.

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

Yeah, that's him. Spurs are terrible in the transfer market. Getting rid of Lamela was a good move but has Gil ever even played for them?

Started against Morecambe yesterday anyway, looks painfully lightweight to me

2 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

12 appearances in all competitions this season, according to his Wiki. 

54 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Fair enough, I misread it slightly.

Still suggests that Digne “just won’t happen” at £200k so that rules out people like Martial.

What would Martial be on? Surely the structure allows for the more expensive forwards to be paid more than the FB.

Hope that's bollocks about the wage structure like. If our current crop of shite want parity with the new signings, start performing to a level where the board have any desire whatsoever to keep you. 

I'd imagine it's a timing thing which you have to consider, and I think Eddie is right to consider it.

We are literally in a relegation dog-fight, we need everyone pulling in the same direction with maximal effort.

We suddenly start bringing in players who are on £150k, £200k per week, I can soon see a lot of the squad (those on significantly less p/w) downing tools and being cheesed off with it.

There may come a time in the summer, if we stay up, where wholesale changes are made, so that the majority of the squad are on wages of £100-£200k per annum, but now isn't the time to be testing the waters with that if you ask me.

Edited by OoOGazOoO

Just now, STM said:

I read it as Howe not wanting mercenaries who aren't willing to buy into the club and squad.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Howe's not going to say no to someone of the calibre of Martial or Lingard, it's more about the attitude. Do they want to be here? 

We also need players who are better than what we have which will likely mean paying more in wages. (We were hardly generous under Ashley). 

Putting self imposed restrictions is absolute madness, it’s up to the manager to manage the personalities. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Easier said than done. Would he come? Would Man Utd agree to him coming, and for the wages to be split? 

I'm only addressing the 'wage structure' issue. I think it's absurd tbh. and likely just Howe saying "don't take the piss" Trippier is a top player and didn't take the piss.

Edited by Happinesstan

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We also need players who are better than what we have which will likely mean paying more in wages. (We were hardly generous under Ashley). 

Putting self imposed restrictions is absolute madness, it’s up to the manager to manage the personalities. 

Of course it is, I don't understand anyone trying to argue a case for this.