More transfer rumours

midds

All quiet on the western front compared to last week. I hope that’s a good thing.

I think an issue that won’t be lost on the new owners is that our manager may not be a big enough draw to land certain players.

This is why we’re being linked to players with clubs he’s had history with. Hopefully just a fall back option but..

Edited by Dr Jinx

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

I really don't understand that kind of thinking, why would you put hurdles in your own way to get signings through the door? Not that I believe it, seems like he doesn't actually know,  and is just speculating to fill column inches. 

Really surprised by a lot of posters on here and their take on the transfer window so far. It was always going to be difficult due to our predicament and also resentment from possible selling clubs, particularly ones in a competing division. That’s without mentioning a lack of operational support within the club.

We are nearly 1/3 through  transfer window and have one problem area solved. We’ve 2/3 of the window to solve you could argue 3 key areas and another 2 supplementary signings. All the talk has been making 4-7 signings in total so are clearly in agreement in numbers.

Lets see how it goes. They can’t be criticised for players not wanting to come or clubs not wanting to sell. Especially mid season. I think they are being sensible in knowing in one hand they need to improve almost half the team ASAP whilst being mindful you’ve got to still rely on the other half of the team still here.

Yes it’s typical of our luck this season the timing of the Watford fixture. However don’t forget we’ve got Everton and Southampton to play later in the season when it could’ve not been the case.

Losing Wilson when we did was a disaster and again another sign of our luck this season. Not that they never had intentions to buy a CF but it really backs us in a corner with negotiations.

Hopefully we land at least one if not two players in time to register before Watford but ultimately let’s get the right players on sensible wages before the window closes.

Can someone enlighten me. (Please dont lump me in the impatient camp - just curious)

Why do the negotiations only start in January? eg: With Botman. Why could fee not have been negotiated during December so we can pounce in Jan? (or know we have to move to other targets and move on)

Are there some steps I am missing? 

Edited by arnonel

As the rumours have died off I thought Id start my own FM tastic list of players the club should look at.

Central defense:

Christiansen at Chelsea

Kimpembe at PSG

Martinez at Ajax

Midfield

Alvarez at Ajax

Bentancur at Juve

Tchouaméni at Monaco

Rodríguez at Betis

Palhinha at Sporting

Striker

Adeyemi at RB Salzburg

Raspadori at Sassuolo

Dolberg at Nice

2 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Can someone enlighten me. (Please dont lump me in the impatient camp - just curious)

Why do the negotiations only start in January? eg: With Botman. Why could fee not have been negotiated during December so we can pounce either in Jan?

I suppose the risks are (a) an injury or (b) the player downing tools.

I'm sure that discreet talks will have been made across agents and clubs but nothing more than toe dipping

3 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Why do the negotiations only start in January? eg: With Botman. Why could fee not have been negotiated during December so we can pounce in Jan? (or know we have to move to other targets and move on)

We don’t know that they didn’t? Seems like they certainly did for Trippier 

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Really surprised by a lot of posters on here and their take on the transfer window so far. It was always going to be difficult due to our predicament and also resentment from possible selling clubs, particularly ones in a competing division. That’s without mentioning a lack of operational support within the club.

We are nearly 1/3 through  transfer window and have one problem area solved. We’ve 2/3 of the window to solve you could argue 3 key areas and another 2 supplementary signings. All the talk has been making 4-7 signings in total so are clearly in agreement in numbers.

Lets see how it goes. They can’t be criticised for players not wanting to come or clubs not wanting to sell. Especially mid season. I think they are being sensible in knowing in one hand they need to improve almost half the team ASAP whilst being mindful you’ve got to still rely on the other half of the team still here.

Yes it’s typical of our luck this season the timing of the Watford fixture. However don’t forget we’ve got Everton and Southampton to play later in the season when it could’ve not been the case.

Losing Wilson when we did was a disaster and again another sign of our luck this season. Not that they never had intentions to buy a CF but it really backs us in a corner with negotiations.

Hopefully we land at least one if not two players in time to register before Watford but ultimately let’s get the right players on sensible wages before the window closes.

Losing Wilson was unlucky in one way, but also sort of predictable given his history. At least it happened right at the beginning of the transfer window rather than the end. Now that would have really been unlucky. And also somewhat negligent. We should always have an alternative striker to turn to if Wilson gets crocked. 

8 minutes ago, arnonel said:

transfer dealings are a very intensive period and selling clubs aren’t going to want to distract their focus for something that can instead be deal with in January or the summer.

also agents and clubs can maximise income by going as late as possible with negotiations

25 minutes ago, arnonel said:

The steps you are missing are:

1. They didn’t have a football club until 7th October and even then unsure what they were going to find when they got it.

2. It took until 8th November to decide and appoint Eddie Howe and another week to sort out the back room team.

So you’d start sounding out people after that which they did in November with Trippier. It’s just not that easy as very good players will always have more than one option and the KO stages of the European competitions not finalised until late December which can also affect who you can attract along with a clubs need to sell.

The Botman deal is the blueprint of how difficult it is. You’ve a player your manager clearly has as his No.1 target. Player is happy to come it seems but also happy to stay due to being in the ECL (so a good professional which I’d like to think is one of the reasons we want to sign him like Trippier). Without that extra revenue of the 2 extra games the club may of been keener to sell and also at a lower price, similar with player and his wages. They want to advance in Europe however and sell in the summer and Botman may have his preferred option of AC Milan back on the table then or even other suitors.

Edited by LFEE

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Concerning this.

Imagine the end of Jan if they come out with "We tried", the meltdowns would be unreal 🤣

Maybe even a reveal where Amanda takes her mask off and it's Charnley underneath, have they ever been seen in same room?

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

We're pretty much going to have to fluke a win against Watford now to stay alive. Problem is we're unable to get any lucky wins at all. 

Well a draw would mean we are within two points of safety with 18 games left so, despite its obvious importance, it's not game over if we don't win. It's just another missed opportunity.