More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Kante for me is that type of player. We've had over the hill versions in Nicky Butt, but the best ones are decent on the ball as well, and will look for one-twos, not just pass the ball and stop like Colback for example.

I'm doubtful we are even looking at that sort of a player in this window, but at some point we do need a top class CM in front of the back four, assuming that's not going to be Bruno's long term position.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting. Bruno is capable of both roles for sure. However, his numbers for expected goals and assists are so high, as he is so adept at creating chances in the final third, that it might be more beneficial freeing him up to be more involved in those areas.

I think we're probably better served having him in the type of areas De Bruyne gets into, rather than the areas Rodri occupies.

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Lazy take.

Technically Traore is fine. First touch is solid, basic passing fine. He's not Shola Ameobi.

It's his end product, final pass / cross that isn't good.

His movement is poor too.

Thought Traore was going to be mint at one point but accept that he regressed after one season in particular at Wolves where he always looked really dangerous. I wouldn't be devastated if we took a punt on him, like. His dribbling stats (I know, I know) were actually better than ASM's last season, with a better success rate (and obviously way better than Miggy's). That's exactly what Maxi needs on that opposite side. 

Still, he doesn't seem like the type for Howe to go after so probably not even worth the thought. 

We already indulge one quick tricky skilful winger who can be brilliant one week and frustrating the next . We certainly can’t have two of them playing in the same team at the same time [emoji38].

Edited by Geogaddi

8 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

We already indulge one quick tricky skilful winger who can be brilliant one week and frustrating the next . We certainly can’t have two of them playing in the same team at the same time [emoji38].

When has Jacob Murphy ever been brilliant?

16 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

I'd be over the moon with Traore tbh think we'd be an absolute nightmare to play against.

He’d be a signing for the sake of a signing he barely improves us. 

Traore's value has increased massively in a 5 subs allowed set up imo. He's never the type of player you start imo, but if you're under the cosh and need an out ball he immediately makes the opposition think twice about how much they attack you. He'd essentially do what Murphy already does for us, just probably better and with the same final ball and finishing :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

25 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

I'd be over the moon with Traore tbh think we'd be an absolute nightmare to play against.

Disagree - pointless having 2 wingers who are inconsistent - Can live with ASM as I think he can offer more under Howe - Adama is a lost cause 

Just now, The Prophet said:

One of my biggest issues with Traore (and its similar to ASM) is that he'd be so much more dangerous if he bothered to run in behind. It makes him needlessly one dimensional.

One thing about signing him is that I bet Eddie Howe might be the best coach he'll have ever worked with since his professional career has properly got underway. When you consider how he's improved/rejuvenated Miggy and Fraser, there's an argument to suggest Traore's got the raw talents to make it a worthwhile 'project' for Howe. He's still only 26, having spent his formative years working under the likes of Sherwood, Bruce, Karanka and Pulis, until Nuno got hold of him at Wolves. Dunno where Xavi ranks among them, probably quite highly tbf. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Disagree - pointless having 2 wingers who are inconsistent - Can live with ASM as I think he can offer more under Howe - Adama is a lost cause 

Midtable wingers are nearly all inconsistent.

We have one capable of brilliance.

The others are consistently underwhelming.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

One of my biggest issues with Traore (and its similar to ASM) is that he'd be so much more dangerous if he bothered to run in behind. It makes him needlessly one dimensional.

Aye.

From Southampton days - Mane always had that movement. Think he scored a couple against us with Pelle slipping or nodding it through to him as he made those diagonal runs from wide into central areas.

That's my biggest issue with Marcus Rashford. He wants to run and shoot all the time. Sometimes make a run without the ball, couple touches - goal.

Ancelotti is a good coach for making attackers more efficient. DCL & Vini Jr. have both spoken about how he simplified their games to make them potent. Think he used good 'ol Pippo Inzaghi as the benchmark.

I’d take Traore on the cheap if it meant freeing up the funds for a big ticket signing like Isak; think he’s more effective than any of our current rw options. That being said, I think we’d be aiming a little higher.

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Just like big poppa pump Scott Steiner, he’s a genetic freak baby and it’s all natural 

"You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Miguel Almiron and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another winger you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Ryan Fraser to the mix, your chances of starting drastic go down. See the game against Forest, you got a 33 1/3 chance of starting, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of starting, because Miguel Almiron KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!
So Ryan Fraser, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of starting against Forest. But then you take my 75% chance of starting, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of starting against Forest. See Ryan, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Newcastle."

Adama Traore... probably

(I'd like to take this chance to apologise to anyone who read all that and has no clue what it's about)

Edited by sushimonster85

20 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Be harder for teams to double up on maxi, more pace and movement up top also an absolute unit. Howes coaching and Trippier behind him to keep him well drilled and assist with crosses etc.  I don't know it could work out I wouldn't be so set against it.