More transfer rumours

midds

"for the sake of it" :lol: Piss off! He's one of the first names on the teamsheet for Brazil. Also, he can easily play as one in a three without being a #10 or even  playing at the tip. Can cover multiple roles, and he's strong physically.

People shouldn't talk out of their arse if they don't know about him. Also, he wasn't a smokescreen because we wanted Bruno. There were barely any rumours at all, or serious links to him. Saying he doesn't fit into our team is rubbish.

Edited by Ikon

Also the ‘Shelvey is crocked so let’s sign Paqueta’ arguement is ridiculous. I get that everyone wants him but that’s a massive reach, Paqueta does nothing for depth at #6 it’s Bruno > Shelvey and still is. 

Edited by Nine

7 minutes ago, Nine said:

Il say it again, I think the Paqueta links were a smokescreen for Bruno. If we really wanted him then we’d be hearing more about him now, it’s not happening.

Six weeks later? Bit too cloak and dagger methinks. Plus I’m sure the selling club or agent would probably leak interest? 

Just now, Manxst said:

Six weeks later? Bit too cloak and dagger methinks. Plus I’m sure the selling club or agent would probably leak interest? 

We were being linked with him right up until the Bruno deal came out of the blue were we not?

4 minutes ago, Nine said:

No, we never bid for Paqueta :lol: It’s a pretty common practise.

Fake links are leaked while we work on the deal for the player we actually want.

I can understand that to play different clubs off but how would it work with two players from the same club ?

We've been linked with Paqueta for ages, both before and after Bruno. There was talk about Paqueta even before the takeover happened, and that he had turned us down when people sounded out possible targets.

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Please don't say 'methinks'.

It's fucking awful.

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

"for the sake of it" :lol: Piss off! He's one of the first names on the teamsheet for Brazil. Also, he can easily play as one in a three without being a #10 or even  playing at the tip. Can cover multiple roles, and he's strong physically.

People shouldn't talk out of their arse if they don't know about him. Also, he wasn't a smokescreen because we wanted Bruno. There were barely any rumours at all, or serious links to him. Saying he doesn't fit into our team is rubbish.

We're not going to play him in center midfield man :lol:

Just now, madras said:

I can understand that to play different clubs off but how would it work with two players from the same club ?

It’s not to play Lyon, it’s to hide our real interest from other clubs. Most links are straight up made bullshit from the press but some bullshit links are deliberately leaked for a reason. 

Either way, while I think we probably have a slight interest in Paqueta he’s not enough of a priority for it to be relevant right now. If we really wanted him we’d be hearing about it from more solid sources by now.

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

We're not going to play him in center midfield man :lol:

As if you have a clue. What i'm saying is that he can easily play in a three and do it very very well. For example on the right side of a three. I doubt we will get him, but i think we should as the possibility of getting such a quality player would be worth it, especially this early in our project. Not easy getting players like him.

Edited by Ikon

Athletic in May:

Paqueta is liked by the scouting team and he did feature briefly in conversations with Lyon in January before a bid for team-mate Guimaraes was made, but Howe is expected to prioritise a striker and a wide forward ahead of a No 10 this summer so, at this stage, it seems Newcastle are focusing their attentions elsewhere.

Athletic in March, when on topic of wide forwards/winger:

Elsewhere, Bayer Leverkusen’s Moussa Diaby, Crystal Palace’s Eberechi Eze, Watford’s Ismaila Sarr and Nottingham Forest’s Brennan Johnson are among the younger players Newcastle have tracked long term, while the club are believed to have asked about Lucas Paqueta’s situation at Lyon in January before acquiring Guimares.

Re: positions played, read more about him - it’s been said all over he’s played as 10, 8 and wide forward. He’s also played as a false 9. He’s your modern attacking player who is renowned for his versatility.

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

It’s not to play Lyon, it’s to hide our real interest from other clubs. Most links are straight up made bullshit from the press but some bullshit links are deliberately leaked for a reason. 

Either way, while I think we probably have a slight interest in Paqueta he’s not enough of a priority for it to be relevant right now. If we really wanted him we’d be hearing about it from more solid sources by now.

Personally I'd make him a priority to play in that middle 3, for me it's as much a priority as RW and a player of his calibre being available means I'd go for him over the RW.

And no I do t think it was a smokescreen.

19 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

N-O's gone full Twitter mixed with a dab of RTG

This thread is starting to pong a bit. All the rumours are being rehashed, even the ones from Dec 21. Someone break out the Shake n Vac.

I'm not going to talk about it anymore unless it looks like we are actually about to sign him. I just think anyone who actually thinks we are going to sign, or even make an attempt to sign, Paqueta this Summer are setting themselves up to be disappointed.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

I'm not going to talk about it anymore unless it looks like we are actually about to sign him. I just think anyone who actually thinks we are going to sign, or even make an attempt to sign, Paqueta this Summer are setting themselves up to be disappointed.

I doubt that many think we will, but many probably hope or think that we should. No matter what what we think or might hope or believe in, we haven't got a clue really! No matter what players we eventually sign.

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Finaly an decent post here  

If we could get him, we should for sure. 

I'm fairly certain if Howe could sort out a deal for Paqueta he'd absolutely change the system if needed to maximize him as a #10 or wherever needed (right side of the 3 in def, license to get central as a #10 in attack)...

Just now, TRon said:

What financing is he referring to?

Well if you believe what the morons on the other thread are saying we've taken out a loan as PIF aren't investing in the club.  Which is utter bollocks.  We've taken it as all organisations do to manage cashflow until they've got the sponsorship deals sorted as they need a long term sustainable method of putting money into the club.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I'm fairly certain if Howe could sort out a deal for Paqueta he'd absolutely change the system if needed to maximize him as a #10 or wherever needed (right side of the 3 in def, license to get central as a #10 in attack)...

I think away to Soton Howe changed the midfield during the game to 4231 to allow Willock to play as a traditional 10

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Well if you believe what the morons on the other thread are saying we've taken out a loan as PIF aren't investing in the club.  Which is utter bollocks.  We've taken it as all organisations do to manage cashflow until they've got the sponsorship deals sorted as they need a long term sustainable method of putting money into the club.

Yeah I've just seen the other thread now. I don't usually bother with that one, but obviously with the HSBC loan news it's been fairly busy today.