More transfer rumours

midds

We won't sign Barnes but for those that haven't heard or noticed him much he's been heavily linked with Liverpool for a couple of years. Klopp loves him apparently, and has said so publicly. Always assumed he'd end up there. 

fun Harvey related fact: Radio Newcastle used a remix of Stay Another Day as the theme for their sports coverage just after it was released.

Always reminds me of beating Blackburn in the cup. But thanks to bigwigs associating it with Christmas for cheap royalties I cant listen to it and reminisce without feeling crazy now.

Thank heavens the label that owns Cotton Eye Joe (out at the same time) didn't do that or else I couldn't listen to that January-November either.

7 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

We won't sign Barnes but for those that haven't heard or noticed him much he's been heavily linked with Liverpool for a couple of years. Klopp loves him apparently, and has said so publicly. Always assumed he'd end up there. 

He's really good, like. Can be quiet for periods but then so can Leicester. Would love him here.

Just can't see Barnes at all. One of few players at Leicester with a good few years left on his deal. One of their top 2-3 players and homegrown.

Don't see Leicester selling for less than 50 million and honestly probably more. And considering where we are right now I don't think he would see us as a step up. Imagine going from their training ground to ours?

I think Barnes is a very good player but I think it'll be to Liverpool or City when he does leave.

Edited by ponsaelius

7 hours ago, LFEE said:

What are people seeing in Harvey Barnes?

Enough production to probably justify selling ASM. 

I like ASM and have faith in him, but a handful of players out there are similarly priced and are safer bets.

21 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Enough production to probably justify selling ASM. 

I like ASM and have faith in him, but a handful of players out there are similarly priced and are safer bets.

Maybe sell Wilson too when we still could get a fee for him. And take the quick £15-20m profit on Bruno while we are at it.

They’re never going to sell unless a very silly offer comes in.

Which is a line we’ll hear a lot more if we keep insisting on targeting players that clubs aren’t in a rush to sell.

Edited by McCormick

14 hours ago, nufc123 said:

Who do you want?

No.27 (iirc) for Benfica caught my eye for example. Something like that. When a player is making your best player struggle. I’m not oblivious to Harvey Barnes but maybe not just seen enough of him. Wasn’t getting a regular game it seemed at Leicester and seemed to fall out the first eleven after breaking into it.

EDIT: Read that as what not who 😴 

Edited by LFEE

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

No.27 (iirc) for Benfica caught my eye for example. Something like that. When a player is making your best player struggle. I’m not oblivious to Harvey Barnes but maybe not just seen enough of him. Wasn’t getting a regular game it seemed at Leicester and seemed to fall out the first eleven after breaking into it.

EDIT: Read that as what not who 😴 

Barnes still made 42, 35 and 48 appearances over the last three years.