More transfer rumours

midds

17 minutes ago, Nine said:

22 days into the window and we have signed 2 players, neither in the most key areas (CB, CM). Although Wood was very important after Wilson’s injury. 

If you had known that on Jan 1st would you have been okay with it? 

Surely people knew this was going to happen tho??  

The January window last one month, we are desperate for players, we are wealthy, put those two together and think as a selling club when is the most profitable time to sell?  First couple of bids in week 1, or towards the end of the window when you will likely get ultra premium price for your player?

Couple that scenario with clubs that neither want nor need to sell their assets, why would they sell early and lose a player they don't want to lose?  Even if they accept that they will be selling they would want to keep them while they scout a replacement so would be unlikely to sell early.

In short it's unreasonable to expect anything different to where we are now in my opinion 

13 minutes ago, Slim said:

How do you buy players if clubs won't sell them?

Offer money they can’t refuse at the start of the window, not halfway through the longer you wait in the window the higher the price gets, get yourself ready for Phil Jones and Hamza Choudhury for £25-30 a piece next week. 

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

Offer money they can’t refuse at the start of the window, not halfway through the longer you wait in the window the higher the price gets, get yourself ready for Phil Jones and Hamza Choudhury for £25-30 a piece next week. 

You must be a used car salesman’s wet dream.

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Why would they just accept a price at the start of the window though when you yourself state they would potentially get a higher price the longer the window goes on? It’s a sellers market in January. 

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

:facepalm:

14 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Surely people knew this was going to happen tho??  

The January window last one month, we are desperate for players, we are wealthy, put those two together and think as a selling club when is the most profitable time to sell?  First couple of bids in week 1, or towards the end of the window when you will likely get ultra premium price for your player?

Couple that scenario with clubs that neither want nor need to sell their assets, why would they sell early and lose a player they don't want to lose?  Even if they accept that they will be selling they would want to keep them while they scout a replacement so would be unlikely to sell early.

In short it's unreasonable to expect anything different to where we are now in my opinion 

It was never going to be straightforward of course (especially with no dof) but they did state before the window they were aiming to bring in 6 players so I think I can forgive some fans that might be disappointed that in over 2/3 of window we have brought in 2. Of course we could sign 4 in the last week to make up for that but its almost certain after the Botman, Carlos chases that the players we get wont have been as high up the list of targets. 

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

They still might, including loans? Not sure that the owners publicly stated how many they wanted though? (Might be wrong!)

Yeah, would be very surprised if they stated that.

Fingers crossed of course. :booze:

Picture the midfield three from last week and switch Longstaff with Alli - that's such a massive upgrade, even with him out of form. I think it would potentially be a really good signing, especially if he's up for reviving his career away from Spurs. 

Sort of thing we should have been doing in the first few days of the window tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Alli possibly was 2nd choice after failing to get Lingard in. Don't think either would save our season but better than Willock or Almiron as an CAM?....yes, probably.

There is no probably about it tbh, they are leagues above them 2.

Edited by SUPERTOON

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Picture the midfield three from last week and switch Longstaff with Alli - that's such a massive upgrade, even with him out of form. I think it would potentially be a really good signing, especially if he's up for reviving his career away from Spurs. 

Sort of thing we should have been doing in the first few days of the window tbh. 

Aye, Longstaff was actually really advanced but brings absolutely nowt in the final third.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

That nick and ball to ASM is the only thing he's done though isn't it?[emoji38]

I'd still probably play him like which is depressing as fuck.

He's scored against them before, I'm sure. I just know that my Man U supporting mate hates the Longstaffs :lol:

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Mad Alli is only mid-twenties. The way Spurs fans talk you'd think he's finished.

Guess they’re  fucked off with his form and attitude over the last four years. I would be too if he was out player, in fairness.