More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

pDr8H8y.jpg

I mean it's not the stuff dreams are made of but it's a lot better than the beginning of the window. Looks defensively solid, there's pace and goals in the side. 

Going from ASM being our only attacking outlet, to then having Trippier, Lingard and Nketiah on the other side would be massive in the way we attack, and how other teams try and contain us, and thats not even considering the impact of having Bruno in the team, and two ball playing CB's.

Edited by 54

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Lingard centre mid?

Well aye Willock played there against Leeds. We've been playing with 2 banks of 3 in front of the back 4.

As long as he gets involved and doesn't shirk his defensive responsibilities there's no real reason he won't work. Him and Alli sat infront of Henderson for England and were fibe 

6 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

He has probably scored bucketloads in his youth career 

He hasn’t had a huge run of games or starts to judge him properly 

He is a very good finisher and will prove people wrong , wherever he ends up (if he plays consistently and starts games) 

No good playing 4/5 games per season and coming off the bench 

This is my point tho. We are in no position to be taking a gamble on him 

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Well aye Willock played there against Leeds. We've been playing with 2 banks of 3 in front of the back 4.

As long as he gets involved and doesn't shirk his defensive responsibilities there's no real reason he won't work. Him and Alli sat infront of Henderson for England and were fibe 

Were they playing Andorra?

Surely won't be played centre midfield. I think it'll be Shelvey alongside Bruno. ASM, Joelinton, Lingard/Nketiah behind Wilson/Wood.

4 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

Why do people on here think they know more than Alan Shearer about strikers? Shearer was glowing about Nketiah

Shearer as great as he is isn’t the be all and end all of football opinions. He’s probably never heard of Guimaraes. 

If nketiah wasn’t a young English striker Shearer wouldn’t be bigging him up as much 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Shearer as great as he is isn’t the be all and end all of football opinions. He’s probably never heard of Guimaraes 

Yeah but that’s not the point he’s not offering his opinion on him 🙂 If he’s watched him as a fellow forward then his assessment surely has to be respected?

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Shearer as great as he is isn’t the be all and end all of football opinions. He’s probably never heard of Guimaraes. 

If nketiah wasn’t a young English striker Shearer wouldn’t be bigging him up as much 

He bigged up Chris Wood who isn't a young English striker.

Edited by Mr Raspberry Jam

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

He bigged up Chris Wood who isn't a young English scorer.

Haha exactly then. Shearer isn’t always right. Look at the views of the fans that have seen him the most. 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Still seen no other mention of Nketiah apart from Edwards. He's already contradicted himself today about Lingard. 

That 90 min guy Bailey said it too 

13 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Still seen no other mention of Nketiah apart from Edwards. He's already contradicted himself today about Lingard. 

He can be a dick but don't think he contradicted himself. His info is that the deal is dead but he reckons it could still happen.

Guest carpetman1
14 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Another one who talks a load of shite then 90% of the time.

That’s every journo or ITK. 

Just now, carpetman1 said:

That’s every journo or ITK. 

Totally agree that's why I said earlier today, wait until Monday before we actually know who has come in. Personally, I think Edwards and Bailey are two of the worst out there though. 

34 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Were they playing Andorra?

Surely won't be played centre midfield. I think it'll be Shelvey alongside Bruno. ASM, Joelinton, Lingard/Nketiah behind Wilson/Wood.

I think you're thinking too much into it. He'd take up the RCM position when we're out of possession but would be playing as an attacking midfielder.

4 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

There may be a surprise forward yet.  Nketiah may be a replacement for Gayle who we may sell/ loan to a Championship side!

We won’t sign 3 forwards and only one centre half and no left back. That’s be mental 

16 minutes ago, gdm said:

We won’t sign 3 forwards and only one centre half and no left back. That’s be mental 

It's been such an odd window its hard to rule anything out. Some weird extremes, from world class players like Trippier and Guimarães and being in talks with Zapata, Carlos, Botman etc.. to not quite so world class Wood, Burn, Nketiah, Cantwell etc.