More transfer rumours

midds

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Stand by what I said completely. Wood hasn't pulled up any trees in terms of his individual performance (in his two games :rolleyes:) but you only have to look at the Cambridge game immediately before Watford which showed how desperate we were for any competent striker, let alone one with a good goalscoring record, and who leaves behind a fellow struggling club. 

Wood at CF puts Maxi on the left and we're back to 11 men. 

Problem for me is I just saw very little connection between Wood and the other two forwards, there was very little interplay. It was almost like watching a Pardew team where you had Cisse totally isolated. You can't really use Cambridge as a barometer as they had 3rd division defenders.

13 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Have you know I was a class CF at school. Scored a couple in a football trip to Holland and made the school paper because I copied Tino’s celebration. Knee injuries curtailed my career, had the makings of a varsity athlete 

Made the school paper. 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It’s his touch more than anything for me. The ball bounces off him. 

Yeah, for a target man, he didn't hold the ball up very well. Joelinton used to get pelters when he was playing as a striker, but he was a lot more involved in build up play.

2 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

What's not to like about Nketiah?  Pacy, can play in or wide, only 22 and out of contract.  I think he'll only get better too.

Lack of goals. Other than that he's got a lot going for him, but we really need goals.

3 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

What's not to like about Nketiah?  Pacy, can play in or wide, only 22 and out of contract.  I think he'll only get better too.

He doesn’t score goals which you kinda want your strikers to do 

11 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I think we can all collectively agree we need some more goals. Leeds gifted us one but teams are gonna be more difficult in the run in 

I mean, they gifted us one, but also had their keeper pull off two worldie saves to deny Shelvey and Willock and we could have had a penalty. 

Nketiah could have a bit of Daniel Sturbridge about him where he wasn’t really getting an opportunity until his early 20s and took a loan move to get him going. Nketiah’s record for the England U21s is pretty impressive. 

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yes mate, the jokey reply is predicated on the fact that it’s the school paper/being good at school doesn’t make a PL striker. The varsity reference is from a famous Sopranos quote. It is multi layered. Like Rick and Morty. 

It's just jealousy mate, we never had a school paper, so when I saved a penalty to secure a 2-1 victory over Canning St. I had to settle for a mention in assembly.

30 minutes ago, KDT said:

Nketiah could have a bit of Daniel Sturbridge about him where he wasn’t really getting an opportunity until his early 20s and took a loan move to get him going. Nketiah’s record for the England U21s is pretty impressive. 

Yeah he'd be a decent investment regardless as he's coming out of contract in the summer, but we should still get a proven striker to guarantee safety for this year IMO.

9 minutes ago, STM said:

Nketiah will be fine. He has pace and knows where the net is. Between him, Wood and Wilson we should get some chemistry going.

I think Howe prefers a 442 of sorts.

By all accounts from Arsenal fans is that he doesn’t know where the net is.