More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Literally about the sign a midfielder that would walk into 4 of the top 6 and already some are sticking on Atmosphere by Joy Division because we've been linked with Nketiah :lol:

22 year old record goal scorer for England under 21s coming in to add depth to our options upfront and it's doom and gloom!

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Literally about the sign a midfielder that would walk into 4 of the top 6 and already some are sticking on Atmosphere by Joy Division because we've been linked with Nketiah :lol:

It’s a very mixed window. Tripper and Guimaraes are class but doesn’t change burn, wood & nketiah are very Underwhelming

Nketiah’s highest goal return is 3 goals in 17 games for Leeds in the championship. He ain’t keeping us up

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

What ? I’ve answered your point already, just because someone was a top player doesn’t mean they are automatically the oracle when it comes to other players in their position.

Who said anything about being the oracle? I think Shearer knows what it takes to be a decent judge of a striker. More so than me, you, or anyone else on here. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

22 year old record goal scorer for England under 21s coming in to add depth to our options upfront and it's doom and gloom!

As I’ve just said his highest return at senior level is 3 goals. It’s hardly something to get excited about 

Edited by gdm

Just now, gdm said:

It’s a very mixed window. Tripper and Guimaraes are class but doesn’t change burn, wood & nketiah are not very Underwhelming

Nketiah’s highest goal return is 3 goals in 17 games for Leeds in the championship. He ain’t keeping us up

People seem to sleep on Burn, by all accounds he's a very good defender, and plays in a team that likes to keep the ball. 

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Who said anything about being the oracle? I think Shearer knows what it takes to be a decent judge of a striker. More so than me, you, or anyone else on here. 

I disagree but each to there own, I wouldn’t ask shearer for his opinion on any footballing matters at Newcastle despite how good of a player he was.

Just now, KaKa said:

95 Apps - 24 goals (wiki) - I would hazard a guess not that many starts, i like those stats. He's a future star, or not maybe, but he's worth a punt as a young English forward.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

People seem to sleep on Burn, by all accounds he's a very good defender, and plays in a team that likes to keep the ball. 

He is but he’s our 4th probably 5th choice at centre half. 

3 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

95 Apps - 24 goals (wiki) - I would hazard a guess not that many starts, i like those stats. He's a future star, or not maybe, but he's worth a punt as a young English forward.

Are we seriously getting excited about youth football now :lol: Michael Chopra was class for our youth team 

In senior 1st team football he’s scored 8 goals in 64 games 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

He is but he’s our 4th probably 5th choice at centre half. 

Doesn't make is a bad signing though, and its probably more representative of where we are right now. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Are we seriously getting excited about youth football now :lol: Michael Chopra was class for our youth team 

If you think worth a punt means excited then OK, i think you need a sherry and lie down mate.

I think Nkeitah will be a decent signing and much like any striker it’s a fresh start and chance to impress, his career goes downhill from here if he doesn’t hit it off in my opinion, but he’s got talent just needs to show it. Burn I’m happy with him coming in as it’s a slight improvement. However I really hope after Bruno we aren’t just signing these 2. For me we still need another CB and either a wide man, a 10 or left back, granted it will be difficult to do all but I hope it’s not finished if we get these 3.

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s a very mixed window. Tripper and Guimaraes are class but doesn’t change burn, wood & nketiah are not very Underwhelming

Give over man :lol: Mixed!? It might be mixed in terms of comparing them to each other, but step outside of this window and remember where we are and where we've been and (providing Bruno definitely signs) this should already be a window of dreams for anyone that's had Ashley signing dross or no one for their club for 14 years. I get that that doesn't mean you can't be critical, but are we really taking it for granted this quickly like? Christ. 

Burn's a starting defender for the best defence in the league. Nketiah is only linked as well, I don't rate him at this point either, but there are plenty of other strikers we're obviously keen on getting. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

If you think worth a punt means excited then OK, i think you need a sherry and lie down mate.

‘I like those stats’ ‘he’s a future star’ sounds like you are getting a bit excited :lol:

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

I think Nkeitah will be a decent signing and much like any striker it’s a fresh start and chance to impress, his career goes downhill from here if he doesn’t hit it off in my opinion, but he’s got talent just needs to show it. Burn I’m happy with him coming in as it’s a slight improvement. However I really hope after Bruno we aren’t just signing these 2. For me we still need another CB and either a wide man, a 10 or left back, granted it will be difficult to do all but I hope it’s not finished if we get these 3.

Isn't he good mates with Willock? They might hopefully spur each other on.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Give over man :lol: It might be mixed in terms of comparing them to each other, but step outside of this window and remember where we are and where we've been and (providing Bruno definitely signs) this should already be a window of dreams for anyone that's had Ashley signing dross or no one for 14 years. I get that that doesn't mean you can't be critical, but are we really taking it for granted this quickly like? Christ. 

Nketiah is only linked as well, I don't rate him at this point either, but there are plenty of other strikers we're obviously keen on getting. 

It’s a fair an honest assessment of the transfer window. Our must important one in years in terms of staying up. Just because of the last 14 years doesn’t mean I can’t be underwhelmed that we are replying on Chris wood who has scored 3 goals this season and nketiah who has only scored 8 senior league goals. Will that keep us up? I don’t believe so. I’m happy to be wrong tho 

Edited by gdm

I'd prefer others, but before January, we had Wilson, Gayle and the tea lady as our top three striking options. If the window closes with Wilson, Wood and Nketiah, it's a better sight. Not perfect at all, but a much needed improvement.

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

‘I like those stats’ ‘he’s a future star’ sounds like you are getting a bit excited :lol:

I do like those stats for a non regular starting young English forward, they're rather good. Also just after 'he's a future star' came 'or not maybe' ' but he's worth a punt'.

Quote the whole thing young man, not just the bits to suit your argument if you would. Read between the lines and you may notice my arse is purely on the fence.

Edited by Bimpy474

3 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I do like those stats for a non regular starting young English forward, they're rather good. Also just after 'he's a future star' came 'or maybe not' ' but he's worth a punt'.

Quote the whole thing young man, not just the bits to suit your argument if you would. Read between the lines and you may notice my arse is purely on the fence.

Fair play ma man. The stats are skewed tho as half that games are for the u23s that was my point. His senior stats are 8 in 64, that’s not saving us. Agree to disagree. I feel in our position we can be relying on a punt. We need better forward options. Our only 2 wins this season have been 1-0. If ASM gets injured we are in trouble imo 

Edited by gdm

Just now, gdm said:

It’s a fair an honest assessment of the transfer window. Our must important one in years in terms of staying. Just because of the last 14 years doesn’t mean I can’t be underwhelmed that we are replying on Chris wood who has scored 3 goals this season and nketiah who has only scored 8 senior league goals. 

I'm not saying it's not honest, but I disagree about it being fair. Really not sure what you were expecting in our situation. If you're underwhelmed that's fine, but I'm one of the most miserable cunts going and even I think it's goth as fuck to be like that considering who we're (hopefully) about to sign like. :lol: