More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

Why are we saying 6 hours isn't enough to make abroad signings btw? Because we can't get officials out to these places or?

Not disagreeing btw, just not aware of the logistics etc.

January Transfers are a novel thing after 14 years.

Also can’t Medicals be pending? If all else agreed in principle?

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Wood is an abysmal signing.

Been done to death but I just think that's so over the top. He's a dependable forward with a good goalscoring record in this division. We didn't have a striker to put on the pitch at the time we signed him. 

If we got him for fifteen mill no one would be saying a word against it imo. Conditioned to think we absolutely must spend the exact correct amount. 

Trippier 9/10

Wood 6/10

Bruno 10/10

Burn 7/10

Targett (loan) 7/10

Lingard would be 8/10

Again 10/10 for effort.

BTW, it's no surprise at all that striker is the hardest area to find real quality.

Just now, STM said:

Trippier 9/10

Wood 6/10

Bruno 10/10

Burn 7/10

Targett (loan) 7/10

Lingard would be 8/10

Again 10/10 for effort.

BTW, it's no surprise at all that striker is the hardest area to find real quality.

I will say can’t deny the effort has been superb. Wouldn’t disagree too much with your ratings either 

Edited by gdm

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I think my only issue with this window is the signing of Wood. Think he's been on the decline for the last year, but when I thought he was Gayle's replacement I was accepting of it. Now it looks like he's Wilson's replacement for the next two months I'm petrified :lol:

I tend to agree.  The club had it's back to the wall and made that decision.  Panic buy?  Probably, but they have the funds to make that kind of purchase.  Either we bring in someone else (unlikely) or Wilson is less than 2 months out.  It is what it is.  I say we have enough to stay up as is but someone who could hit the back of the net would sure make me feel more comfortable.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Been done to death but I just think that's so over the top. He's a dependable forward with a good goalscoring record in this division. We didn't have a striker to put on the pitch at the time we signed him. 

If we got him for fifteen mill no one would be saying a word against it imo. Conditioned to think we absolutely must spend the exact correct amount. 

Aye, the fact that we've got 4 points from 2 games isn't a coincidence like.

Just having an actual striker on the pitch as some sort of focal point is really important and Wood has given us that, even if he's not doing anything spectacular it allows the likes of ASM to actually play in their correct position.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Need to get them registered, though.

What does this involve and why is 6 hours not enough?

It's a very simplistic question sorry but I don't know the timescales on this stuff.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

The hyperbole over Chris Wood increases by the day.

He's gone from being a capable Premier League striker to a total donkey in two weeks, despite playing a key role in our second victory of the season.

And everyone is screaming we need proven..

Announce Burn and Targett at 5 and 6 then go wild from 6 until 11 got to be a few strikers available. Origi (10 mil or loan). Zapata (10 mil loan fee with option). Nkeitah (buy 3milish). Morata (10 mil loan fee). Plenty more out there and fuck it offer Carrasco and athletico a deal they can’t refuse same with Dembele. All after Lingard of course.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The hyperbole over Chris Wood increases by the day.

He's gone from being a capable Premier League striker to a total donkey in two weeks, despite playing a key role in our second victory of the season.

Aye. Every time a forward we've been linked to has failed to sign he's got a little bit worse.