More transfer rumours

midds

He was on the list of players we were looking at according to The Athletic a month or so ago, assuming Nunez/Osimhen are out of reach I think he's definitely one we'll target.

Didn't have the best time at Roma but he's been pretty consistent otherwise. 

Other than this current season he has been fairly average in terms of goals and contributes barely anything in terms of assists. I know these stats arent the most in depth but could be a case of a one season wonder.

264816575_Screenshot_20220504-084039_FlashscoreUK.thumb.jpg.e60a2deed9f0a4ac6669437437edf69e.jpg

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Other than this current season he has been fairly average in terms of goals and contributes barely anything in terms of assists. I know these stats arent the most in depth but could be a case of a one season wonder.

264816575_Screenshot_20220504-084039_FlashscoreUK.thumb.jpg.e60a2deed9f0a4ac6669437437edf69e.jpg

Club goals: 75 in 185 games.

International: 17 in 33 games.

92 goals in 218 games across 3 nations and at international level, not bad!

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

If he got between 10-15 here that would be a good return for where we are/need to be. Our biggest problem right now is we don’t score too many goals across the team and have relied on Wilson for the goals mainly and that needs to change. Only the elite level tend to get more than 15 + a season in the PL these days or remarkably a few non CFs.

Edited by HTT II

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Schick would be a very good signing. Though I'm sure there was a £50m+ figure on him in Jan. He isn't worth that. 

Likely with it being January his price was higher ?

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Likely with it being January his price was higher ?

You’d think given the January sales he'd have been cheaper…

Banter

I'm undecided on Schick.

He has all the attributes to be a solid striker and he's got a decent enough goal scoring record in the Bundesliga, but as we've seen in recent years it's always a gamble buying forwards from Germany (Weghorst, Werner, Haller and Jovic have all flopped for example). Plus I'm not sure he has the all round game that Howe is after. For the prices quoted, I think we'll look elsewhere.

I got a bit of a hard on after watching clips of Gianluca Scamacca after seeing we were linked with him yesterday. Seems like the perfect striker for us. Think that would be my #1 target for striker in the summer.