More transfer rumours

midds

2 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

Craig Hope https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10783373/Newcastle-considering-Villarreal-star-Arnaut-Danjuma-reunion-Eddie-Howe.html

Newcastle are tracking Villarreal forward Arnaut Danjuma as Eddie Howe seeks to add goals to his team this summer.

Sportsmail understands the Magpies have watched the 25-year-old in recent weeks and a move to re-unite him with Howe is under consideration.

The Holland winger has scored 16 times for Villarreal this term, including six in their journey to the semi-finals of the Champions League, but he missed Tuesday night's second-leg defeat by Liverpool because of injury.

Danjuma's price tag - it is said Villarreal would want at least double the £20m they paid Bournemouth last summer - and his desire to play European football are potential stumbling blocks, although Newcastle's ambition has already persuaded the likes of Brazil midfielder Bruno Guimaraes to join the club.

Hell of a shout by @WillDanceForChocolate if there's owt in it!

58 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Love this guy's game, particularly how unselfish he is, whilst still being a fantastic finisher.

If we land this calibre of player in attacking areas it is going to be a wild fun ride next season man ... wew.

17 hours ago, Conjo said:

He looks great in this video. Loves a dinked finish one-on-one. I wish Youtube also had videos such as "Nkunku - all fluffed goals" and "Nkunku - all dispossessions" so we could do more thorough youtube scouting worthy of the full Dennis Wise title. 

20 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Nah fuck signing any Russian’s tbf

So we're going to judge millions of people based on the dodgy leaders in their country now that they can do nothing about? That is terrible man.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

So we're going to judge millions of people based on the dodgy leaders in their country now that they can do nothing about? That is terrible man.

Might sound bad but I’m guessing any Russian players bought would pay tax to the Russian government? It’s a massive hornet’s nest.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It is terrible, yes, but with the likes of Wimbledon banning Russian players, it’s only a short step from that action to the FA saying the same thing. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Might sound bad but I’m guessing any Russian players bought would pay tax to the Russian government? It’s a massive hornet’s nest.

Well in that case the footballing bodies need to come out and say none of them should be signed. Otherwise I don't think it's fair to just start discriminating against all of these folks, that is so unfair man. The player mentioned is just some 21 year old kid trying to make something of himself for goodness sake. Damn.

54 minutes ago, greydos said:

He looks great in this video. Loves a dinked finish one-on-one. I wish Youtube also had videos such as "Nkunku - all fluffed goals" and "Nkunku - all dispossessions" so we could do more thorough youtube scouting worthy of the full Dennis Wise title. 

Sure he fluffed a big chance against Rangers last week. Completely agree I watch a lot of these YouTube videos and it’s easy to get fooled. The usual give away is when they show a nice bit of skill, but then don’t show what they did with the ball afterwards. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

It is terrible, yes, but with the likes of Wimbledon banning Russian players, it’s only a short step from that action to the FA saying the same thing. 

Yeah, I guess. Surprised it hasn't happened yet actually. Rough situation being held accountable for these crazy people in leadership.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Well in that case the footballing bodies need to come out and say none of them should be signed. Otherwise I don't think it's fair to just start discriminating against all of these folks, that is so unfair man. The player mentioned is just some 21 year old kid trying to make something of himself for goodness sake. Damn.

I don’t particularly think it’s right but if sanctions are being put in place with Russia, paying millions to players who will pay big taxes to the Russian government contradicts that.