More transfer rumours

midds

8 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I’m hoping we just do Broja on a loan-to-buy, Cornet for a cool 18m and then spend up to 30m on a young cm (or pip Arsenal to Tielemans). That would be a great- relatively sensible - window for us.

Cornet for around 18 million and a 30 million centre-mid gets us more points than Diaby for the same money imo.

I'm not sure about Broja at all. In an age where a centre forward at the elite level is becoming less important, they need to score goals.  He is young but I just don't see it from him.  I don't think he would score the goals that his infectiveness in the transition would warrant.  At the moment, we don't have enough threat in the final third to be able to carry someone who isn't 1 in 2, even then why would we.  If we get productive wingers with an end product we need to start playing with a false 9.  We would need 2 new wingers for that and I think Joe would be an amazing false 9 but not sure he can handle another position change.  I just don't think Broja works in the longer term with the way tactics are going.

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Don't get the Cornet hype at all like. Not once been impressed by his allround game this season, and puzzled why he had so little attacking impact in Ligue 1 that Lyon ended up moving him to left back.

Was actually really productive on the wing for Lyon. Really strange that they moved his position, but think it had more to do with a change in system to 3 at the back, and trying to fit him in as a younger player, who had the best attributes to play as a wing back.

Just don’t see what other people seem to see. He has some physical attributes and definitely had a rather spectacular run of goals early in the season in particular but I was not once impressed by his ability on the ball or his creative outlet.

I’d probably rather see him up front for us than Chris Wood but that’s about all I would say and it’s hardly a ringing endorsement. Would be a disappointing signing if he’s the winger we brought in IMO - certainly not a player who would raise the teams level.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I still kinda hope we're looking at better strikers in the background tbh (someone like Osimhen, however unrealistic). We wanted Darwin Nunez by all accounts in January. If I had to guess, we are unable to attract the calibre of forward that we want without just throwing money at them, which we rightly won't do.

Ekitike wasted so much of our time. And it's clear he was the young striker we really wanted. 

Pretty sure we haven’t heard the last of Ekiteke

Edit: Scratch that, just seen the PSG news :lol:

Edited by LV

5 minutes ago, LV said:

Pretty sure we haven’t heard the last of Ekiteke

Edit: Scratch that, just seen the PSG news :lol:

I nearly said as much in my post, only to see the news like you straight after [emoji38]

22 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Just don’t see what other people seem to see. He has some physical attributes and definitely had a rather spectacular run of goals early in the season in particular but I was not once impressed by his ability on the ball or his creative outlet.

I’d probably rather see him up front for us than Chris Wood but that’s about all I would say and it’s hardly a ringing endorsement. Would be a disappointing signing if he’s the winger we brought in IMO - certainly not a player who would raise the teams level.

You've watched him play upfront and on the left wing for Burnley though, who play a very specific type of game, so probably not the best light in which to view him.

26 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Sarr would be a lot more exciting than Cornet

I feel like people just don't remember what Cornet was doing out wide for Lyon because it was a while ago. This was at the highest level too. All they have in their minds is that he is at Burnley.

Do you lot remember this performance against Pep and Man City in the Champion's League?

Gave them fits on the right and scored, before then moving upfront later on, when they changed formation, and scoring again.

Edited by KaKa

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I feel like people just don't remember what Cornet was doing out wide for Lyon because it was a while ago. This was at the highest level too. All they have in their minds is that he is at Burnley.

Do you lot remember this performance against Pep and Man City in the Champion's League?

Gave them fits on the right and scored, before then moving upfront later on, when they changed formation, and scoring again.

Misses a sitter. Miss kick for the shot against post. Deflection for first goal. Offside for the second goal ??

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

I’m hoping we just do Broja on a loan-to-buy, Cornet for a cool 18m and then spend up to 30m on a young cm (or pip Arsenal to Tielemans). That would be a great- relatively sensible - window for us.

Cornet for around 18 million and a 30 million centre-mid gets us more points than Diaby for the same money imo.

Tielemans, Sarr & Dembele (Lyon) would be a great haul. Probably £75m all in. 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Misses a sitter. Miss kick for the shot against post. Deflection for first goal. Offside for the second goal ??

:laugh:

Here's another then, against them at home earlier in the rounds. He was rinsing them! This Lyon team was so much fun man. Ndombele looked a massive prospect before Spurs ruined him.

38 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I’ve seen enough - get him in

12 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Being linked with Alexander Isak. 

Only a YT scouting, but he has a good turn of speed and good footwork for such a tall guy. Yes please.

take it you missed the Euros?

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Reports now coming in Everton are looking at cornet - he has a £17.5m release clause, to me that’s well worth a gamble and we shouldn’t miss out.

Honestly, I don't understand how he hasn't been snapped up yet. It's a ridiculous price for a 25 year old with his experience and versatility.

The guy was productive on that right side at a very high level and could slot in there for us. Could also cover on the left and upfront if needed. If we ever switch to a 3 at the back against certain opposition, he would also be ideal as a left wing back.

Someone is going to get a great deal with him.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Honestly, I don't understand how he hasn't been snapped up yet. It's a ridiculous price for a 25 year old with his experience and versatility.

The guy was productive on that right side at a very high level and could slot in there for us. Could also cover on the left and upfront if needed. If we ever switch to a 3 at the back against certain opposition, he would also be ideal as a left wing back.

Agreed - I mean it’s in between the cost of target and burn ffs.

also reports saying he’s training normally and not kicking up any fuss so obviously has a good attitude as well.

Edited by Gawalls

27 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Being linked with Alexander Isak. 

Only a YT scouting, but he has a good turn of speed and good footwork for such a tall guy. Yes please.

Isak over DLC, Broja, Hugo etc.. Would be an immense capture. Although DLC and Broja we know work in the PL at least.  Isak is very much in the same territory being overpriced so its probably an unlikely one. 

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Imagine because clubs know Burnley are desperate to sell any player of value so they’ll bide their time until Burnley have to accept a lower bid. 

To be clear I rate him and think he’d be useful back up to wilson and wide forward option. Doesn’t massively move the needle but improves things overall.

10 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Imagine because clubs know Burnley are desperate to sell any player of value so they’ll bide their time until Burnley have to accept a lower bid. 

To be clear I rate him and think he’d be useful back up to wilson and wide forward option. Doesn’t massively move the needle but improves things overall.

Yeah, maybe. I'm pretty certain they get that clause met though.

I really liked that 2018-2019 Lyon team, where he featured on the right, and having seen enough of them that year, he would be a massive upgrade on that side for what we currently have there IMO.

A quick look tells us he played the equivalent of 18 full games across 3 competitions in that famous season. I agree he has something about him but trying to laud him as anything other than an impact sub who is somewhat versatile is laughable. Aim higher.