More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’d be very surprised if PSG did business with us.

It will be Dan Ashworth communicating with Luis Campos.

I doubt the owners will be in touch to tell them not to deal with us because of our owners man. They'll be taking money off us after all. Purely business.

I think once we've shifted Gayle, there might be a pause in the outgoings until the end of the window. I still think the likes of Ritchie will be moved on if they're omitted from the final squad.

Edited by The Prophet

8 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I'm guessing Ritchie must be staying 

It would seem like it but I just don’t think there is space in the squad. Who would drop out in his space? someone put up the squad recently and with everyone out you’d think was going and there was only 2 spaces 

I think we had some players who were clearly never making the squad whatever happened and were told as such early on (Clark, Gayle, Hayden, Hendrick and Woodman). These players have obviously been left out altogether and told probably end of last season to look for a move.

We then have some who are younger players who we are probably still looking at or will be looking to loan out again with the hope of getting a transfer fee long term (Anderson, Watts, Longstaff). It obviously makes sense for their development to let them experience the pre-season.

Then there is probably a number who are on the edge of making the 25 or not but can change either way depending on interest for certain players in the market, the kind of signings we end up with (positional versatility of a signing might change priorities for example) or god forbid any long term injuries we get in pre-season. You could probably include all of Ritchie, Fede, Manquillo, Lewis, Darlow, Murphy, Almiron and Dubravka in that lot. Possibly even the likes of Lascelles and Wood if serious interest came in that would generate decent fees.

Edited by ponsaelius

I honestly think Ritchie stays at this point, and I am fine with that. He is clearly a player fully bought into the Eddie Howe way, and can often be seen directing players (same way Trippier would) while warming up. He is handy to have on the bench when you consider he can come on in a final 10 minutes in a variety of positions, and will clearly give his absolute all. 

If we suddenly had 10 million offer on the table for Lascelles and he was happy to go, which would give us the funds to secure a better forward/wide signing, we would probably then consider keeping Fede as 4th choice for a year.

Same goes if we suddenly had a decent offer for Lewis and he hadn't been really impressing Howe in pre-season. Take it and keep Ritchie/Manquillo as backup instead.

I think other than a handful of players that nothing is off the table and is clearly market dependent on interest.

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I honestly think Ritchie stays at this point, and I am fine with that. He is clearly a player fully bought into the Eddie Howe way, and can often be seen directing players (same way Trippier would) while warming up. He is handy to have on the bench when you consider he can come on in a final 10 minutes in a variety of positions, and will clearly give his absolute all. 

He might be a good character round the place, but he should never play for us again imo, he’s absolutely finished.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

It does sound like Howe appreciates Lascelles, Fede and Ritchie's input in the dressing room. Not that I think he'd hesitate to move them on, but it'll be looked at favourably.

Good squad players 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Perhaps we could let Watford have Gayle for free and we'll take Sarr and Dennis off their hands for £20m? Plenty of people on here have said we should get £10m-£12m for Gayle anyway, so seems reasonable.

£10-12 million for Gayle is absolute fantasy stuff. 

He is 33 in October and has barely played any football in the last two years. No Championship club will be paying money for him. Best we can hope for is a subsided loan.

We would have possibly got 10 million if we'd sold him in 2019 after his season at WBA.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

We would have possibly got 10 million if we'd sold him in 2019 after his season at WBA.

Even then that would be madness. Especially when you consider it would only have been Championship sides interested in him. Finances in the Championship (any level below PL really) are totally fucked. Would've been lucky to get close to £5m back then. Now I'd snap off the hand of anyone who gets close to £1m. 

That was pre-Covid so we might have got a decent fee from a desperate promotion chaser considering he would have been 29 and had just proven he was a 20+ goal a season player at that level.

Now the market in Championship is completely fucked and he's 3 years older. Even his wages will be prohibitive to moving him on. If we get him out on loan with most of his wages covered that would be a success.

9 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

He is 33 in October and has barely played any football in the last two years. No Championship club will be paying money for him. Best we can hope for is a subsided loan.

I know this by the way. I'd give Gayle away today and not lose a single minute's sleep.

18 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Small thing, but I thought it was notable that on the Austria videos, Elliot Anderson got off the coach at the hotel alongside Howe and Ritchie. I wouldn't be stunned if Ritchie stayed on at the club informally as an apprentice coach rather than as an active player. Assuming his wages reasonably reflect that.

12 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I think you're underestimating the value of a striker who would virtually guarantee you 25 goals in the championship and a decent shot at promotion, 33 or not.

£10-12m is probably a bit rich but £6-8m should be realistic

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I think you're underestimating the value of a striker who would virtually guarantee you 25 goals in the championship and a decent shot at promotion, 33 or not.

£10-12m is probably a bit rich but £6-8m should be realistic

Nah