More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, The Prophet said:

I remember him being mentioned with Botman, as soon as the ownership changed hands, so there's almost certainly a longstanding interest there. Waugh and Edwards have now mentioned him in consecutive days too.

Waugh's brought it up again just now 

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Would honestly love us to go mental and spend another hundred million, not even because I'd be happy with the signings, but purely because it would mean Luke was wrong 

When they are that age it's not even going mental if you are convinced the player is the real deal. Isaak is 22, even if the fee is on the large side, you are buying a young player whose value should appreciate. I would think the wage package is doable as well.

Lots of if fluff and cushioning around this: "debating", "weighing up", etc :lol:

Reminds me of monitoring.

The worst part of the transfer window and the reporting on it. So much of this nothing language how long does it take to ‘prepare a bid’ was great when stuff like that happened behind the scenes and first we heard of it when the bid was actually made. Now it just seems to drag on 

Out of interest, if Luke is accurate (it would be a rarity) and we signed Isak and no one else, how would we be feeling? 

Would he still concerned having to rely on one of Fraser, Murphy and Almiron, but would be massively excited by the business done.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Out of interest, if Luke is accurate (it would be a rarity) and we signed Isak and no one else, how would we be feeling? 

People might not like it but he does seem to get things right (budget aside)

Isak would be an exciting one. Like @ponsaelius I always assumed he was someone who could play wide as well as through the middle but it appears not, although if that's something we think he can do then it makes complete sense - he can play on the right when Wilson is available then shift up-front if he's missing.

I still think we will make one other, a loan rather than a permanent. Someone in the CHO mould, or someone similar who becomes available once other moves are completed.

Unless they're confident that Isak can effectively play wide right as well I think it would mean we've fallen short in terms of recruitment personally.

Although he would be a very exciting signing in isolation.

I'm pretty sure the budget would stretch to another winger if need be though. There's going to be opportunities which present late in the window - even on loan.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

6.5 out of 10

Would rather have spent the botman and perp money elsewhere

Isak is certainly a big flashy name that would make a statement. Part of me worries that we'd signing someone who had a good breakout season, then struggled to replicate that the season after.

20/21 - 34 apps, 17 goals

21/22 - 32 apps, 6 goals

Just now, gdm said:

People might not like it but he does seem to get things right (budget aside)

If he was accurate we'd currently have a playing squad including, Rob Holding, Nat Phillips, Romain Perraud, Mohamed Elneny and Eddie Nketiah. He got the Chris Wood scoop and was second to Matt Targett, but his hit rate is piss poor.

Some of the forwards we’ve been linked with, in one place (with recents). Let me know if you want anyone added:

Strikers 

Barbosa, 25yrs. 88 in 137 for Flamengo. 5 in 18 caps for Brazil. Market value £23.4m (probs add 10-15% to all estimates).

Calvert-Lewin, 25yrs.  45 in 164 for Everton. 4 in 11 for England. Market value £36m.

Broja, 20yrs. 6 in 32 for Southampton, previous 10 in 30 for Vitesse. 4 in 14 for Albania. Market value £19.8m. 

Osimhen, 22yrs. 24 in 51 for Napoli, previous 13 in 27 for Lille. 15 in 22 for Nigeria. Market value £55.8m. 
Ekitike, 20yrs. 10 in 26 for Reims, also 3 in 11 Vejle BK (loan). 0 in 6 France U20. 
Isak, 22yrs. 32 in 103 for Real Sociedad, previous 18 in 33 (in Germany mainly 2nd tier). 9 in 37 for Sweden. Market value £27m.

Gabriel, 17 yrs. 0 in 54 Santos. 1 in 12 (Brazil u15 and u17). Market value £9m.

Kalimuendo, 20yrs. 19 in 60 for Lens, previous 0 in 3 for PSG. 13 in 24 for France u17/u21. Market value £16.2m. 
de Tomás, 27 yrs. 44 in 85 for Espanyol, previous 82 in 128 in three Spanish loan deals from Real Madrid. 0 in 4 for Spain. Market value £22.5m. 

Zapata, 31 yrs. 66 in 126 for Atalanta. Previous 40 in 141 (various Serie A). 4 in 34 Colombia. Market value £25.2m.

Scamacca, 23yrs.  16 in 39 for Sassuolo, previous 18 in 81 (various loans). 0 in 7 for Italy (9 in 15 at u21). Market value £27m. 
Gouiri, 22yrs. 22 in 72 for Nice. 10 in 21 for France u21. Market value £37.8m. 
Dennis, 24 yrs. 10 in 33 for Watford, previous 19 on 85 for Club Brugge. 1 in 7 for Nigeria. Market value £12.6m. (Has played both wings as well). 

Wingers 

Gordon, 21yrs. 4 in 49 for Everton. 4 in 7 caps for England U21. Market value £18m. 

Diaby,  22yrs. 22 in 92 for Leverkusen, previous 2 in 25 for PSG. 0 in 8 caps for France. Market value £54m. 

Paquetá, 25yrs. 18 in 65 for Lyon, previous 1 in 37 for Milan. 7 in 33 caps for Brazil. Market value £31.5m. 

Danjuma, 25 yrs. 10 in 23 for Villarreal, previous 15 in 47 for Bournemouth. 2 in 6 caps for Netherlands. Market value £45m. 

Hudson-Odoi, 21yrs. 4 in 72 for Chelsea. 0 in 3 full caps for England; 4 in 9 U21. Market value £22.8m.

Harrison, 25yrs. 26 in 154 for Leeds. 0 in 2 for England U21. Market value £16.2m.

Sarr, 24yrs. 23 in 89 for Watford, previous 13 in 59 for Rennes. 10 in 47 for Senegal. Market value £24.3m.

Asensio, 26 yrs. 28 in 160 for Real Madrid, previous 11 in 90 (Mallorca & Espanyol). 1 in 28 for Spain. Market value £36m.

Edited by Coffee_Johnny
More rumours…

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Unless they're confident that Isak can effectively play wide right as well I think it would mean we've fallen short in terms of recruitment personally.

Although he would be a very exciting signing in isolation.

I'm pretty sure the budget would stretch to another winger if need be though. There's going to be opportunities which present late in the window - even on loan.

I'm all about quality over quantity. Botman and Isak would be next level signings.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'd feel he's just guessing, he has no idea how we will spend our money.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If he was accurate we'd currently have a playing squad including, Rob Holding, Nat Phillips, Romain Perraud, Mohamed Elneny and Eddie Nketiah. He got the Chris Wood scoop and was second to Matt Targett, but his hit rate is piss poor.

and owned by that Mauriss fella.

it's his actual job to get things right :lol: it's not just him like, they're all know-nowts.

Considering a record bid for Isak would be (40mil + after previous record Joelinton fee) we did so well to sign Nick Pope for 10m and then get Botman on a free with our 50mil Luke Edwards budget this summer.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I'm all about quality over quantity. Botman and Isak would be next level signings.

Yeah overall I'd rather that than sign a couple of players who are minor improvements on what we've got (ala Pope tbh). But I don't see why we can't get a winger too personally.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think we’ve had a very very good window with someone like Isak. I think we’ve had a decent one without him tbf.