More transfer rumours

midds

The tap in merchant saying that there is no bid for Paqueta from Arsenal, but apparently the lad is desperate to come to the Premier League.

I can only assume that he's seen the photos of the budding Joe-Bruno bromance.

45 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Yes there were some noise about him. As you say the age thing is a different direction from Broja and Ekitike. But so are Calvert-Lewin, so who knows.

If we are being asked daft prices for potential, then you can imagine if you could buy a proven striker who costs less but might be a bit older, that wouldn't be a bad option either. Asensio would have fit that category for example.

I think the DCL story came about because Everton needed the cash by 30th June and had to sell someone, Ashworth probably enquired but Spurs did us out of that one. 

Plenty of debate over what we will/won't spend and what we can/can't spend. I am no expert but had some free time today so had a play about with some numbers.

image.thumb.png.9be8942369afba55ce5823915dfcf62d.png

(Note - Targett's £15m fee was said to include a £3m loan fee so have based his calculations on that)

Reports said that we could have £105m losses over three years, plus we had £80m profit to play with thanks to fat Mike. 

So it does seem that we have plenty of room to play with - for example if we were to sign the below heavily talked about players:

image.thumb.png.1429eca152e8cfef9e2a140212a516b4.png

Our FFP impact for 21-22 to 23-24 would be £175.53m, leaving us with just under £10m of room if reports are correct.

Now I know wages and other fees count towards FFP, but we also have sponsorship income, and I am confident that the £10m wiggle room plus sponsorship fees would cover wages and fees for this period.

Obviously we all expect our sponsorship income to increase dramatically in the next 12-24 months, so although I don't expect us to sign all 3, I don't think we are being stopped financially from doing so. 

Edited by NWMag

5 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Plenty of debate over what we will/won't spend and what we can/can't spend. I am no expert but had some free time today so had a play about with some numbers.

image.thumb.png.9be8942369afba55ce5823915dfcf62d.png

(Note - Targett's £15m fee was said to include a £3m loan fee so have based his calculations on that)

Reports said that we could have £105m losses over three years, plus we had £80m profit to play with thanks to fat Mike. 

So it does seem that we have plenty of room to play with - for example if we were to sign the below heavily talked about players:

image.thumb.png.1429eca152e8cfef9e2a140212a516b4.png

Our FFP impact for 21-22 to 23-24 would be £173.53m, leaving us with just under £12m of room if reports are correct.

Now I know wages and other fees count towards FFP, but we also have sponsorship income, and I am confident that the £12m wiggle room plus sponsorship fees would cover wages and fees for this period.

Obviously we all expect our sponsorship income to increase dramatically in the next 12-24 months, so although I don't expect us to sign all 3, I don't think we are being stopped financially from doing so. 

Cheers Mr Ashworth much appreciated, don't tell the selling clubs though and we'll try and get a few quid knocked off those prices (cracking research BTW) 

18 minutes ago, McCormick said:

As most local journalists have said (“they know nowt, like!”) they’re assessing the market for a bit to see what’s available before making moves.

Even during the quiet period in January, there was constant noise about Botman, Carlos, etc coming from the club. They've definetly stopped breifing the local lads (a good thing).

Tagett joining broke the day he signed, before that they were all reporting it was dead in the water. Other than Downie, the Pope transfer didn't break until circa 48 hours before he signed too. I think the only leaks we'll get now are from agents or the selling club.

Edited by The Prophet

Fair. Although we were desperately scrambling around then for anyone who would come; we probably were looking at everyone! It looks like we’re a lot more calm and calculated this window, with a defined set of targets.

7 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Fair. Although we were desperately scrambling around then for anyone who would come; we probably were looking at everyone! It looks like we’re a lot more calm and calculated this window, with a defined set of targets.

Very true. I definetly think we were sounding out wingers last week. There were links to Gordon, Lang from the Belgium press, Asensio from the Spanish press, etc.

I still kinda hope we're looking at better strikers in the background tbh (someone like Osimhen, however unrealistic). We wanted Darwin Nunez by all accounts in January. If I had to guess, we are unable to attract the calibre of forward that we want without just throwing money at them, which we rightly won't do.

Ekitike wasted so much of our time. And it's clear he was the young striker we really wanted. 

Edited by Sean

14 minutes ago, Sean said:

I still kinda hope we're looking at better strikers in the background tbh (someone like Osimhen, however unrealistic). We wanted Darwin Nunez by all accounts in January. If I had to guess, we are unable to attract the calibre of forward that we want without just throwing money at them, which we rightly won't do.

Ekitike wasted so much of our time. And it's clear he was the young striker we really wanted. 

The striker will be a back up to Wilson it’ll be a young prospect 

I said "kinda hope" not expect.

And let's be real, if Nunez had indictated he only wanted to come here this summer, we would have gone for him. So my point that we seem to be unable to attract the calibre of forward we would have ideally liked still stands.

Honestly, don't bother quoting me.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

I said "kinda hope" not expect.

And let's be real, if Nunez had indictated he only wanted to come here this summer, we would have gone for him. So my point that we seem to be unable to attract the calibre of forward we would have ideally liked still stands.

Honestly, don't bother quoting me.

Are you ok? :lol: quite the overreaction 

I’m hoping we just do Broja on a loan-to-buy, Cornet for a cool 18m and then spend up to 30m on a young cm (or pip Arsenal to Tielemans). That would be a great- relatively sensible - window for us.

Cornet for around 18 million and a 30 million centre-mid gets us more points than Diaby for the same money imo.

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I’m hoping we just do Broja on a loan-to-buy, Cornet for a cool 18m and then spend up to 30m on a young cm (or pip Arsenal to Tielemans). That would be a great- relatively sensible - window for us.

Cornet for around 18 million and a 30 million centre-mid gets us more points than Diaby for the same money imo.

Cornet was very good on the right wing for Lyon. 7 goals and 5 assists back in the 2018-2019 season when he last played there. Was only 22 years old then too.

I'm actually surprised we haven't jumped all over that move straight away. Think Howe really likes Diaby and Harrison as initial priorities.