More transfer rumours

midds

17 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Would take him, but he had just 10 goals in 41 appearances last season.

It's the only reason we'd even have a chance with him, which is why we're probably trying to jump on this now.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If he was accurate we'd currently have a playing squad including, Rob Holding, Nat Phillips, Romain Perraud, Mohamed Elneny and Eddie Nketiah. He got the Chris Wood scoop and was second to Matt Targett, but his hit rate is piss poor.

Not a chance he would be getting anything from the owners after the Cuntish way he has went about reporting on them. 

I would think it'd be a decent window if we got Isak in and that was our lot, that'd be 4 new first team players coming in, which is a fair chunk. I still feel we could make do with Fraser and Almiron for half a season, they're not ideal, they're midtable at best, but Trips is on that side which can account for that as he's quality and he had a decent partnership with Fraser before he got injured.

This ownership want to do this step by step, improve slowly getting 3 to 5 quality signings per season, its not going to be instant, so in the interim there'll be positions that will need to be improved, but it'll be gradual. 

Can honestly see us getting Isak and then a winger on loan, which would be a great window tbh.

If we can pay in , instalments…I still think we can do another big deal 

We can also look at loans / loans to buys 

FFP - won’t stop us , as we can sign less players in future windows 

They are very clever and if the right player comes along why wouldn’t they try to do a deal or bring a deal forward ?

Losses are over a 3 year period and it makes sense to do a deal if it’s there to be done 

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

If we could get Diaby and Isak for 40 million each do people not think we'd sign them both? I'm convinced we would tbh.

Now that would be incredible 

Sorry to be a stat nonce, but can someone explain away his not that great stats despite his big reputation? I haven't seen much of him, presumably there's much more to his game than goals?

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Sorry to be a stat nonce, but can someone explain away his not that great stats? I haven't seen much of him, presumably there's much more to his game than goals?

Skilful and quick as fucx , great link up player as well 

Edited by JonBez comesock

If we do spend big money on Isak I can see them essentially flipping the strategy. We all thought they'd spend big on a winger and loan (with potential to buy next summer) a striker. Just go the other route. Only issue being that likely rules out Diaby. 

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

If we could get Diaby and Isak for 40 million each do people not think we'd sign them both? I'm convinced we would tbh.

Think you're probably right, think the issue would be with getting either at £40m. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Sorry to be a stat nonce, but can someone explain away his not that great stats despite his big reputation? I haven't seen much of him, presumably there's much more to his game than goals?

Very skillful, can come deep and carry the ball, link up play, fast and a physical presence. One of those players who plays like he has absolutely everything I'm terms of ability - just not quite prolific in front of goal. Only 22 though. 

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Think you're probably right, think the issue would be with getting either at £40m. 

£40m doesn't sound that much on 22 yr olds when you see Chelsea spending that much on a 31 yr old defender. Buy them both if they are available.

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm all about quality over quantity. Botman and Isak would be next level signings.

Like my old boss used to say Buy Once Cry Once 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

£40m doesn't sound that much on 22 yr olds when you see Chelsea spending that much on a 31 yr old defender. Buy them both if they are available.

Leverkusen are apparently asking around £60 million for Diaby and it sounds like we could be looking at a similar fee for Isak, if not even more. We're never getting either for £40 million.

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Very skillful, can come deep and carry the ball, link up play, fast and a physical presence. One of those players who plays like he has absolutely everything I'm terms of ability - just not quite prolific in front of goal. Only 22 though. 

You could see him really getting on as a wide forward in the PL too with his skill, pace, dribbling ability and such. Further, he'd an absolute monster on back and near post crosses too.